• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G43x light strikes

HitEmHard

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2004
San Antonio, TX
So. I have a 43x with a Patmos slide, factory internals except for a Strike Industries back plate and Faxon barrel. Every 10-15 rounds I get a light strike on primer and it doesn't fire. However, I can put that round back in the mag and it goes the second time. Any thoughts?

Assuming the ammo is good, perhaps the biggest cause of light primer strikes in pistols with "striker firing pins" is a dirty/contaminated striker channel/striker channel liner. They need to be clean, dry, etc.

Reactions: Skunk
Assuming the ammo is good, perhaps the biggest cause of light primer strikes in pistols with "striker firing pins" is a dirty/contaminated striker channel/striker channel liner. They need to be clean, dry, etc.
I did clean and inspect the firing pin and channel. It didn't seem to be unusually fouled...

If different ammo doesn't resolve it, replace ONE aftermarket part at a time with the OEM part, and document the results. Repeat until problem is resolved.

If different ammo doesn't resolve it, replace ONE aftermarket part at a time with the OEM part, and document the results. Repeat until problem is resolved.
EDIT: Place all aftermarket parts in waste basket and reinstall OEM Glock parts. Take garbage to curb.
Shoot G43X until you can shoot it like Dickens at the mall.

Actually. Now that I think about it, I haven't shot different ammo with this particular gun. It's Winchester white box, I just assumed it was good!
Stop trusting the reliability of WWB, along with Remington Yellow Green it's cheap crap ammo made to low standards (but non corrosive).

It won't blow your gun up but the QC on them is... variable.

It's fine for plinking but I would run other ammo in your firearm and see if the problem still exists before moving forward with any $ investments (clean and rebuilding with same parts makes sense)

there is a good chance it's the ammo

But if it does it with any other brand, its the gun

Reactions: Pbgt
Regardless of the thoughts on the WWB or Remington Ammo, it's not going to fail every 15 rounds on average. I'd put my money on the pistol causing the issue. In a working pistol you could take 10 boxes of either brand and wouldn't get anywhere near that level of failure ...if any.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Regardless of the thoughts on the WWB or Remington Ammo, it's not going to fail every 15 rounds on average. I'd put my money on the pistol causing the issue. In a working pistol you could take 10 boxes of either brand and wouldn't get anywhere near that level of failure ...if any.
I missed that. Yeah, that's the gun. My issues with WWB were like every 300 or so.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I would return the glock to stock configuration and slowly add in the after market parts to see if one part causes the issues. Sounds like something is out of spec. My 43X chews everything I feed it including whitebox.

Other than lightened striker springs, there are two other causes of light strikes I have seen in Glocks. One is drag interference in the striker channel liner. This can be due to too small of a liner ID and/or the outer diameter of the striker srping cups being too big for the liner. I've also seen aftermarket spring cups with too small of an ID which will drag on the striker. Second issue to consider is if there is any overtravel stop adjustment being set too tight. Not enough overtravel can result in the striker dragging the top of the cruciform as its released.

I just fixed my g43 fresh build. Messed with the striker lining, tried 4 different types of ammo, core issue may actually be elsewhere, but after thoroughly inspecting and not finding any burrs or imperfections, I kept racking and dry-firing, I noticed when racking slide and releasing slowly it would not return to full battery about 1 out of 5 times, swapped out the RSA spring to 17lbs and works like a charm now.
Hope this helps.