• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision AR .308 prices

strider09

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2009
wichita KS.
Does anyone know the prices for the .308 AR from GA Precision? I am trying to find the price for the gun, and then the price for the upper. I am trying to get it as cheap as possible because of lack of money ( I know this is not something to skimp on but...) so I am thinking I can get all the good furniture (good stock, good handguard, etc.) later. I am trying to decide between buying a lower and then having them make me an upper or just purchaseing the whole gun there. what about wait times?

I have already contacted GA precision but when I call they tell me to email, when I email they tell me to call, then I call back and they tell me they don't know anything about prices or times to email, then I email and they tell mle to call..... (you get the picture)

Re: GA Precision AR .308 prices

Please don't misunderstand my previous message, I am not trying to say that they are mean or anything, They were very nice on the phone, just wouldn't give me the info that I needed. I am sure that the folks over at GA are great people and are just very busy as I am sure you all can imagine with the increased gun sales. but I honestly want to get a good ar. and from what I read, GA makes the best, so I wanted to start there.
If you know the prices but don't want to post them here you can always email me at [email protected]
Thank you for any info you can share.

Buying from GA Precision isn't exactly cheap, or something people concerned with cheap do. They buy from there because of the control over the end product and the attention to detail they will receive. It is a PREMIUM Product and a PREMIUM Service. You should expect to pay for both of them.

If you are looking to save money, you should more than likely pursue a different course of action.

Jack,

Thank you for your input, I know that it is not cheap, but, that does not mean that I can not do it for as cheap as I can get it (regular stock over the Magpul PRS, Not putting on a bipod at first, etc, etc..) but there are things I can not skimp on, the trigger, the barrel, etc. I am not OBAMA rich where I think that all middle class makes $250,000 per year. and because I am not, I can not afford to place a blind order on a gun without knowing the price first or without thinking about can I afford it and can I get it done for cheaper (hence if I bought a complete lower and had them do the upper). do you know the prices?

Its on the Website

$2250 for a complete Precision AR-10

$1750 for a Complete Upper

Currently there is an 8 Month to a Year wait on AR-10 Parts from any of the manufacturers so warning in advance it will be slow going for awhile, If Obama even mentions banning guns it will get alot worse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strider09</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the prices for the .308 AR from GA Precision? I am trying to find the price for the gun, and then the price for the upper. I am trying to get it as cheap as possible because of lack of money ( I know this is not something to skimp on but...) so I am thinking I can get all the good furniture (good stock, good handguard, etc.) later. I am trying to decide between buying a lower and then having them make me an upper or just purchaseing the whole gun there. what about wait times?

I have already contacted GA precision but when I call they tell me to email, when I email they tell me to call, then I call back and they tell me they don't know anything about prices or times to email, then I email and they tell mle to call..... (you get the picture)</div></div>

Hope this helps.

http://www.gaprecision.net/AR10.html

There is nothing wrong with trying to get the best price, but I wouldnt expect much flexibilty on GAP's pricing. I am sure he is profitable, but I really dont see how there can be much margin in his products. He uses the best parts and then the best labor to get you to the end product. As good as anything on the market is the general consensus.

If you want to save some funds, I would try and find used. You could get that in your hands immediately as well.

[/quote]
so my order from 11-25-08 has a 8 month wait? [/quote]

Well, I sent in my lower around 11-11-08 and received my rifle today...
smile.gif

Building an AR and building a bolt gun are two very different things. The latter requires an expert gunsmith's attention. The former requires a good barrel and a wrench. I see no reason to pay a premium or wait 8 months for an AR. Assuming you have a top-notch chambered barrel(e.g. Krieger's), a good trigger, and a few tools, (and some common sense), you can build a very accurate AR yourself...or have any competent gunsmith do it for you.

Once I had all the parts collected, it took me about 3 hours to build my first AR following the link below: it is just not that complicated. With a Krieger barrel from Compass Lake Engineering, it shoots .5 - .75 MOA with factory ammo consistently.

Build it yourself: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782
Another good link: http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/AR15_part1.asp

Parts availability for the AR-10 make it a little more challenging to build yourself. But the principles are the same: doesn't require an "artist" to make one. You might want to consider purchasing a ready-made upper from one of the quality upper manufacturers listed in the link below.

AR-10 FAQ: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=413443

It's really not that bad price wise.

When you consider it's $1000+ for a stock dpms .308 upper, that was before the prices went wacko, now it's not uncommon to see the uppers going for $1200-1300+, plain smooth side, non-rail handguard, non-fluted barrel etc.

So when you consider that GA is adding a badger handguard, a premium barrel blank is about $400, and another $200-300 for chamber install along with setting up the headspace and assembly labor, it's not that out off line.

Parts are brutal right now, I'm sure GA could get it done faster if you sent all the parts to them minus the barrel. It could very well take 3-4 months of serious looking to find all the parts needed to build an upper, and you are going to pay a premium. Plus the cost of assembly tools, action blocks, torque wrench, etc. if you don't already have them.

Can you do it cheaper yourself.....sure, can I rebuild an engine cheaper than ferarri.....sure....will mine be as good.....999 times out of 1000 no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its on the Website

$2250 for a complete Precision AR-10

$1750 for a Complete Upper

Currently there is an 8 Month to a Year wait on AR-10 Parts from any of the manufacturers so warning in advance it will be slow going for awhile, If Obama even mentions banning guns it will get alot worse. </div></div>

So George,

If we send you a complete upper for you do do your magic on, will it take the same amount of time for a barrel and quad forearm install and everything associated with the new barrel.

Thanks

Have you tried rguns.net? I ordered a DPMS 308 24" complete upper from them about the third week in November. At the time they said they were out 3-4 weeks and I received it before Christmas, the lower I got from Fulton arms, but they had the parts to build uppers at the time.

By the way rguns.net is showing that the 308 lowers in stock, they are accepting backorders on the 308 uppers with an estimated 4 week delivery.

The prices seem reasonable given the election and they delivered on their delivery times for me. I have no connection to rguns except as a satisfied customer.

I am happy with the assembled 308 it is grouping under .5 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards with 168 g Berger non-VLDs when I do my job. I am sure it is not at the same quality as a GAP build but I am happy with it. I probably have $1,200 in the build.

Just my two cents,

http://www.d9firearms.com/ call and talk to darrel great guy!! i ordered a upper and stripped lower from him in jan the only thing i had to wait on was the wilson barrel and that was only two weeks gun shoots .5 all day long. cost me right around $1500 and i built up the lower as i got the funds. i would recomend darrel to everyone!

wade what barrel/upper are you useing? .5 sounds nice to me (^-^). Althought, G.A. Precision's prices I think are very nice too, I thought a custom job would run alot more. Very resonably priced.
What brands of uppers / lowers are good? I heard alot about DPMS and then recently I have heard from several sources that they are terrible... I had checked with another highly recomended place for custom ar-15's (I want to buy both a 15 and a 10) and they told me not to get a dpms, but get a rock river or stag.... is this only for the 15's or are all dpms not good quality? or was this just bad information?