• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk GA Precision/Bushnell GAP Grind - who is going?

Hollywood 6mm

Old Salt
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
This will be my 4th time shooting the grind (14, 16, and 18 previously), but I am going yet again this year. Who else is shooting it, and are you shooting as a pro or am?

Reactions: rgrbobbyedwards
It's expensive to fly out that way multiple times a year! LOL. Plus, it's always the same weekend as the Gunsite Alumni Shoot so I was going to do that instead. Then one of my bff's recommended a junior shooter and I couldn't resist.

Yeah, I didn't think about the cost of 3 flights out for you, especially with 2 of them only 5 weeks apart. At least it's a reasonable drive for me, but even then it's not cheap. I'm bringing a junior shooter this year, too - you've actually met him at Core/Altus.

Reactions: LH_Gina
Shooting as a Pro. First Grind as a shooter. I was an RO last year. My Am will be the owner of Annealing Made Perfect. He's coming all the way from New Zealand to shoot his first match!
I really hope it's not 80+ degrees again!

No kidding. I'd much rather have the weather from the '16 grind - lows in the 30s-40s and highs just above 70.

Reactions: pga43
I barely made the cut for PRO unfortunately lol. Im right at 75-76%. Im sure ill shoot like an amateur.

Better to own up to it before the match (either signing up or by emailing them before hand) than get called out at awards like happened to a few guys last year.

I'm shooting the Grind for the 1st time as an amateur instead of photographing the match.

Greg

I'll do my best to fill your shoes this year Greg. I have to focus on video mainly so I'm betting I'll only get a couple hundred decent photos. Glad you get to compete finally. You're going to have a blast. This will be the first Grind I've missed in several years. #sadface

I'll do my best to fill your shoes this year Greg. I have to focus on video mainly so I'm betting I'll only get a couple hundred decent photos. Glad you get to compete finally. You're going to have a blast. This will be the first Grind I've missed in several years. #sadface

My am's dad is going to be there, too. He used to do all the photography for Shannon when K&M was in FL.

Reactions: Cjwise5

Matt Utroska and his wife are going to use my cameras and take photos, so it will sort of be like I'm taking them

Reactions: Cjwise5
What constitutes someone as a pro? Did the guys that get called out lose their placements or was it a slap on the wrists?