• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors GA Precision Jager

B-P-UU

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Just saw a video of this guy on FB:

Interested to see how it compares with an Ultra 5.

Reactions: TagalongJC
If it's similar to other Mack cans, eg. Banish, the core isn't welded. That probably contributes to the longer barrel length requirements.

they flat out work.... and I'm not just guessing :)
59788019430__F1FC9DBF-0514-4D28-B981-897C74135DA7.JPG
IMG_3153.jpg
IMG_3154.jpg

Not a huge fan of direct thread and also not digging the barrel length requirements for standard base cartridges. But glad they are making one and hope they do well.

Most DT rifle suppressors flat out work. The light weight is nice, but those shot string limits and minimum barrel lengths are the most restrictive I've seen in a Ti can. There are too many other options better suited to general use.

I'm kind of surprised they aren't catching heat from AAC on the name:

Edit: I guess they are an "e" short of being identical.

A
You guys have to remember this is a Hunting rifle Suppressor… not for PRS?NRL or an AR15 can. It was designed to be shot a few times on a hunting rifle. … this is how George designed it. Leave it on the hunting rifles and have a short, lightweight, but effective suppressor.
Agreed, however the OP made a comment about comparing the Jager to the TBAC Ultra 5. As much of a fan as I am of GAP (Had 3 of their rifles, now only have 2) the TBAC Ultra 5 seems to give the user a better overall package when in direct comparison. Obviously TBAC’s price is reflective of that fact as well.

I own and am a dealer for TBAC... but wanting and looking for a dedicated hunting can.... I'd buy the GAP all day, every day. I see no realistic barrel restrictions on the GAP can. It would run on almost every "hunting" rifle people own.
Not to mention, the price point :)

I'm a fan of short, light suppressors, but in this case it seems like you're sacrificing a lot of options to drop those last two ounces as compared to an Ultra 5.

No mount or DT thread change options, .308 cartridges limited to 20" barrels, and magnums limited to 24" barrels takes a lot of rifles off the table. I couldn't use it on my 18.5" .30-06, any of the threaded Barrett Fieldcraft rifles, Kimber Adirondacks, or any other similarly set up light rifles. What's the real benefit of the 2oz lower weight as compared to the Ultra 5 when I have to have 4"-6" more barrel to use the can?

Edit: Just saw the MSRP on the product page. If it comes in ~$500 or less retail, and performs ok, it might compete well with similarly priced aluminum hunting cans.

Last edited:
21in Element in PRC and 18in Fieldcraft in 6.5 and 308 would be finished packages with this suppressor if not for the barrel restrictions.

If they will warranty them on the 18in and 21in I will be looking at two more tax stamps.

Reactions: Gtscotty
I plan to order a .30 cal can when the 5/8x24 is available.

I called GA to check on a time frame for the .30 cal 5/8x24 and it sounds like it could be a few more months.

I'd say that's a no go. Muzzle diameter on a 28" proof Sendero is 0.900"

Muzzle diameter on the proof Sendero Light at 26" is 0.800"

GAP lists the maximum muzzle diameter at 0.750"

Too bad a lightweight hunting can won't fit on a lightweight carbon hunting barrel.

If that's the case then why not get a TBAC Ultra 7 or Ultra 5?

I don't see the Jager doing anything special that a TBAC doesn't. But perhaps I'm completely missing something.

If that's the case then why not get a TBAC Ultra 7 or Ultra 5?

I don't see the Jager doing anything special that a TBAC doesn't. But perhaps I'm completely missing something.
Completely agree. I’ve got an Ultra-7 and I’m looking for a second to go on a 24” Proof Sendero (spun up by you know who). I would’ve considered the GAP can to change things up.

Reactions: kthomas
I run TBAC ultras now. I’m moving toward all PROOF carbons on my hunting rifles. I think that was a mistake on their part not making a “hunting” can work on what is becoming a extremely popular hunting barrel.

I'd say that's a no go. Muzzle diameter on a 28" proof Sendero is 0.900"

Muzzle diameter on the proof Sendero Light at 26" is 0.800"

GAP lists the maximum muzzle diameter at 0.750"

Too bad a lightweight hunting can won't fit on a lightweight carbon hunting barrel.

IF it is under 1" it will still work. George just has to turn a small section of the barrel down. It will work. Call GAP, it's an easy thing.

• Wow
IF it is under 1" it will still work. George just has to turn a small section of the barrel down. It will work. Call GAP, it's an easy thing.
I’d be a little nervous to turn down carbon fiber - especially where it interfaces with the steel muzzle. I might give em a shout out of curiosity. Do you know if they’ve done any proof barrels yet?

Reactions: kthomas
I’d be a little nervous to turn down carbon fiber - especially where it interfaces with the steel muzzle. I might give em a shout out of curiosity. Do you know if they’ve done any proof barrels yet?

that I don't know. I know steel barrel is not a problem. You'd have to call GAP and give them measurements and see if it would work. Let me know please. How much steel is at the crown on your proof ?

that I don't know. I know steel barrel is not a problem. You'd have to call GAP and give them measurements and see if it would work. Let me know please. How much steel is at the crown on your proof ?
Not enough steel. Honestly I’m not willing to be a guinea pig even if they said they would give it a try. My barrel costs more than the can (which is a strange but true statement). I like seeing more options on the market, but the right answer for me is a third TBAC.

Reactions: msstate56
The GAP Jager adds 4.5" to your overall barrel length, and weigh 7 ounces.....

Is there another dedicated hunting suppressor on the market that is shorter or lighter?

Remember, the design was totally applied to hunting rifles...

I've been testing two of these on three different hunting rifles, 6.5PRC, 6.5SAUM, and 22CM.

I'm totally satisfied with my results. I'll still use my Omega 300's and AE30's for my heavier tactical platforms...

Seems like a nice hunting suppressor. Looks to be a good pic for those that want as short and light as possible without sacrificing too much sound suppression.

I don't think that I would personally choose it over something like a TBAC, but I could see why some people would go this route.

Suppressors are ALL about suppression...

Give me quiet at the cost of a couple ounces and inches.

Reactions: PFG

Is there another dedicated hunting suppressor on the market that is shorter or lighter?

I've been testing two of these on three different hunting rifles, 6.5PRC, 6.5SAUM, and 22CM.

I'm totally satisfied with my results. I'll still use my Omega 300's and AE30's for my heavier tactical platforms...
Looks like a cool option and yes it seams to be the most light/shortest suppressor that I know of. BUT, I think the minimum length requirement/proof fitting issues is where I’m getting caught up. This seams like the lightest and shortest overall package on a 20 inch steel barrel. But a TBAC 5 .30 cal which I am able to use on a 14.5 inch carbon fiber 308 would surely have to get the overall length/weight below the 20 inch option w/ a can. I’m really excited about the progress this can shows and it’s close to getting my vote for a hunting suppressor but just not there yet due to the proof barrel and minimum length requirement.

Good info guys, glad we have options avail. Thx to GAP for bringing this to market.
I went with the GAP Jäger for my hunting rifle.
It checked “all” the boxes for my requirements.
it’ll be dedicated to that rifle ......
All day, every day !!

I’ll be running the Jäger on a 20” Bartlein #4
Carbon Mod BB. 6.5 PRC Element.
Can’t wait.

I’ll be running the Jäger on a 20” Bartlein #4
Carbon Mod BB. 6.5 PRC Element.
Can’t wait.
That sounds good but is that suppressor rated for a 6.5PRC at that barrel length? The site says 20" is fine for .308 and standard base cartridges but the PRC is a magnum bolt face. They have 24" as the minimum barrel length for a 300WM so would the PRC be in between those lengths or fine at 20"?

Gap changed the design so it's not reflex anymore, so now it's a sub 5" suppressor that will fit your proof sendero barrel. I spoke with the main guy over there when I ordered and he said I'll be cool running it on my 24" 6.5 prc and also my 18" 6.5 creed in the form of a barrett field craft. Its outta jail any day now. With the design changes it now seems to be a fair contestant for the tbac ultra 5.

Reactions: Sendero_Man

Need an update. I'm about to buy a Jager for it's weight. How has your Jager compared to your Omega?