• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision PPR vs Accuracy International AT-X

Because it goes back to the OP, Looks to me like you aren't getting much for the $2500 difference. Especially if you compare it to a chassis based production rifle.

Guess I should hit the PX more often...if I could dupe your setup for 3 large, I've got that ready to go right meow ;-).

Here is the configuration I purchased the rifle in off the px here. (Without the atlas and tripod) came with the original stock which matches the camo on the rest of the gun

I’ve always loved the look of the AIAW rifles. This was my dream rifle for a long time. So when I came across the AT in a similar configuration I had to try it

Haven’t regretted this purchase even a little bit
8D9360E1-5E8E-4B92-9E6E-4EC24724082C.jpeg

To complete the thread derail entirely...

That's a sweet, sweet rifle, man. I'm with you there. I grew up wanting an AI AW badly...and I suppose I still do. I don't know why exactly the newer AI don't hit me the same way...

I'm constantly talking myself out of buying rifles (like the PPR) because I already have more than I can shoot at one time (and, of course, wasn't smart enough to buy ALL the components I needed to load for 'em at the outset).

I grabbed a KRG SOTIC because, much like the AI AW, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Sako TRG. Maybe I'm just a rube trying to buy my childhood back one precision rifles one at a time, heh.

AI is my all time favourite.
Totally biased.
@NoLegs24 , I've seen some shooters with custom rifles get fucking owned on a range competition, by guys with production rifles.
Spend as much as you want, if you don't have the technique and practice behind the butt, it's not going to matter what rifle you have.
It's always entertainment, when they refuse to shake hands afterwards.

AI is my all time favourite.
Totally biased.
@NoLegs24 , I've seen some shooters with custom rifles get fucking owned on a range competition, by guys with production rifles.
Spend as much as you want, if you don't have the technique and practice behind the butt, it's not going to matter what rifle you have.
It's always entertainment, when they refuse to shake hands afterwards.

Of course. Happens all the time. I'm just trying to figure out those two options when they're on opposite ends.
And you got guys bringing up production class rifles. F* that classification.
You have a lot of shooters hide behind the production and Tactical class cause they'll get smoked in open division. Kinda what you're seeing now with males competing in female sports.

Of course. Happens all the time. I'm just trying to figure out those two options when they're on opposite ends.
And you got guys bringing up production class rifles. F* that classification.
You have a lot of shooters hide behind the production and Tactical class cause they'll get smoked in open division. Kinda what you're seeing now with males competing in female sports.
So you are telling me I can’t just buy more expensive guns and all the gear they make and win? I thought money put into gear makes you automatically better?

So you are telling me I can’t just buy more expensive guns and all the gear they make and win? I thought money put into gear makes you automatically better?

Nope, but you'll probably still go home happy, knowing you have top dollar gear... LOL

Reactions: Newbie2020
My biased opinion will show through we are all human and biased so I don't feel any need to apologize for that. The question was $2500 or $5000 no brainer.
AT-X
Same overbuilt receiver. Understood it was built to be a combat rifle that now we use for competition. We have proven time and again we don't need a receiver to be that overbuilt to have 3 lugs or repeatability, we consistently feed out of AW mags without problem on 2 lug guns all the time now. 3 lugs is so much faster, but how fast can the shooter get back on target and take an accurate shot. If you want the economy of motion or just enjoy how they run I understand and we all have our preferences just don't use these things as selling points. The chassis folds.... cool, that's really all you have there. We are not packing them discreetly into urban hide sites just buy a 1750 pelican and you won't need to fold it. The chassis lets you immediately adjust your comb height and length of pull. Awesome I quit growing years ago take a few measurements and order a stock that fits you who cares if you can't make it fit your girlfriend you are showing off for she didn't buy it. Hey you like chassis? The way they look or feel no problem but one is not infinitely better than the other again its a preference.

PPR
Guaranteed accuracy. Accepts pre-fit barrels with guaranteed accuracy from the manufacturer. Has a standard length of pull you want a spacer system ok there's $105 big deal. Want to add an arca rail ok $120. Has a mini chassis that you can use other 700 footprints in okay. Never putting anything else in there? Lug bed and have a custom fit. Add a MB? there's $200. Want to buy the rifle pull it out of the stock burn that on the hide and put it in an AI chassis ok still not $5000 spent. Want it in a 308 or 6.5 CM? Order it in a caliber they offer and order a second barrel in the caliber you want torque on the one you want and burn the other on the hide to someone who will need it. Still not touching the AI price point.

If we are looking at the 2 rifles the AI gives you nothing extra for the money. If you want a PPR you could add anything its lacking and still not touch the AI. Seems simple. If you have always wanted an AI buy one man that's fine, if you just love chassis that's fine too. Questionable? Yes but totally fine. Both guns shoot but for the price tag AI brings nothing to the table. This is filled with lots of opinions and bias sure but there are a lot of facts as well.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I don't worry about my AI. I don't bring extra firing pins to matches. I don't have to go around checking torque on screws. If it takes a spill, I pick it up and don't think twice about it. When sand is blowing around, I'm just focused on keeping it out of my eyes and not my action. If it gets muddy, I hose it off. It just works. Every time. That frees up mental bandwidth to focus on other things.

My biased opinion will show through we are all human and biased so I don't feel any need to apologize for that. The question was $2500 or $5000 no brainer.
AT-X
Same overbuilt receiver. Understood it was built to be a combat rifle that now we use for competition. We have proven time and again we don't need a receiver to be that overbuilt to have 3 lugs or repeatability, we consistently feed out of AW mags without problem on 2 lug guns all the time now. 3 lugs is so much faster, but how fast can the shooter get back on target and take an accurate shot. If you want the economy of motion or just enjoy how they run I understand and we all have our preferences just don't use these things as selling points. The chassis folds.... cool, that's really all you have there. We are not packing them discreetly into urban hide sites just buy a 1750 pelican and you won't need to fold it. The chassis lets you immediately adjust your comb height and length of pull. Awesome I quit growing years ago take a few measurements and order a stock that fits you who cares if you can't make it fit your girlfriend you are showing off for she didn't buy it. Hey you like chassis? The way they look or feel no problem but one is not infinitely better than the other again its a preference.

I am sure many opinions will differ on that statement.

If we are looking at the 2 rifles the AI gives you nothing extra for the money. If you want a PPR you could add anything its lacking and still not touch the AI. Seems simple. If you have always wanted an AI buy one man that's fine, if you just love chassis that's fine too. Questionable? Yes but totally fine. Both guns shoot but for the price tag AI brings nothing to the table. This is filled with lots of opinions and bias sure but there are a lot of facts as well.
I know this dead horse has been beaten but I’m gonna a take a few swings anyway. Full disclosure I’m an AI fan boi but have no interest in the AT-X or PPR.

Here’s what stepping up to an AI buys you just comparing the action vs. most M700 footprint actions:

1. AI has 4 action screws. Most are also bonded to their chassis. The AT-X isn’t bonded.

2. AI has a flat bottom action with integral lug.

3. AI has a safety that blocks the firing pin. Not the trigger.

4. AI’s trigger is held on with 2 screws not pins.

5. AI’s barrel can be changed with only 4mm hex key and a small torque limiter. Both easily carried in a pocket.

6. AI’s scope rail is keyed/pinned to the action.

7. AI’s bolts and firing pins can be swapped among rifles in the field.

8. And lastly the sear surface between the striker and trigger on AI is perpendicular thus applying no upward pressure to the rear of the bolt.

So please tell me how much it would cost to make an M700 flat bottom action with integral lug, 4 action screws, 3 position tang safety, trigger hanger, and that accepts a trigger with perpendicular sear face? It would also need to have a quick change barrel system that only needed small hand tools and built to tight enough tolerances that bolts and firing pin assemblies are interchangeable.

And I’m done beating this horse without even touching on the the advantages of the AT-X chassis.

Ive been into precision rifles long enough to remember when people built or bought precision rifles to ensure they were field worthy. Not to compete in matches. I was happy to pay the premium for an AI. It’s field worthy.

Pricing is a strange thing.

I have 2 rifles that I shoot a good bit.

One has a high end McMillian stock, custom action, jewel trigger, and it is a quarter minute rifle.

The other has a trued Remington 700, HS precision stock, worked over factory trigger and it is a quarter minute rifle.

I know which one I would take to war with me but other than that the upgrades are really in the eye of the beholder.
I pulled this from another thread. Where I posted it. Like it says. I would certainly take an AI to war but short of that the upgrades are in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: Luvman
GBPSE....that's about the truest part of your statement.

So...how many in this thread have actually shot an AT-X?

I'm thinking most have just seen a picture...which makes their opinion kinda flawed...

Having shot them both, the AT-X hands down is a better mousetrap. If you like a traditional stock then obviously the PPR is the choice, but the AI is still a better rifle.