• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision + SH Online Training = Awesome!

CMonty256

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2010
Fort Campbell, KY
Quick Bio: While wasting away in the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt, I became an avid reader of the Hide, purchased the subscription for SH Online Training courses and began plotting my very first precision rifle build. Ive been shooting all sorts of weapons growing up but have been limited to <200yds and never a scoped rifle, Qualified expert on both M16/M4 and M9 but never even shot a bolt action. Saved up for the purchase and decided to "Buy once, Cry once" and bought a ready to ship GA Precision Crusader .308. For the Glass I went out on a limb and jumped in on the 5-20 HD Super Sniper deal.

SO, Got back yesterday and even before recovering from the jet lag immediately went to work putting everything together, exactly how i read it on the hide... Rings on the base, feeler gauges to level out the scope, criss-cross torque ring caps, Triad Tactical large stock pack adjusted perfectly for optimum cheek height, etc... Range Ready in under an hour.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Drive an hour to the range in a torrential downpour (Thank you Hurricane Irene) Arrive at the range right in-between the "Feeder Band" Giving me 90 min before the rain started again. Bore-Sight the scope and on paper after 2 adjustments, "mil'ed" the hit and was centered up in another 2 rounds. Note on the HD SS, Even in the overcast and rain, i could easily see the target clearly and I am truly impressed for my $1000 investment. Following the Techniques demonstrated in the lessons i was able to successfully "drive" the GAP to its true potential with multiple consecutive .3 MOA 3 shot groups. No Break in... No cleaning... Just mounted a scope and put 70 rounds through it and it performed flawlessly.

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Closing Comments:
-SH Online Training is definitely worth the Investment
-GA Precision make incredible rifles (IMO) that live up to their guarantee if the shooter follows the basics
- Super Sniper 5-20x50 HD Worked exactly as advertised and is an amazing buy for the money ( Lines even matched up when i zeroed =p )
- 7.62x51 FGMM performed exactly the same as the M118LR I had (.5 MOAish)
- With the ambitions to participate in Tactical Matches I definitely have room for improvement and equipment is definitely not to blame (although considering a S&B 3-20 when it comes out)

PS Glad to be back in the states, have 12-14 months before we deploy to Afghanistan, so plenty of time to shoot!

Monty

Re: GA Precision + SH Online Training = WOW!

AWESOME!!!!

I had a chance last weekend to play with the SS 5-20...very nice, had a S&B + Nightforce right there as well...SS was on par with everything...and I love that Reticle..

Good job/shooting.

I've just got my GAP in 6.5 CM together and to the range for the third time. Today was the first time beyond 100yds.
I've got quiet a bit of practice to do, but at 100 it just stacks them up.
When work slows down some I plan to do the online training also.

Also, THANKS for your service.

Thanks for your service!

What a way to "kill time" - you utilized it to the max. Congrats on the GAP - great decision. A friend said get "get a GAP - you won't be sorry". I did, I'm not, and now have two.

Good shooting and stay dry! Send some of that rain to us.

Kevin

Sweet start! And welcome to the Hide and long range money spending.

To think my first bolt gun was the 6.5 Krag.

Thanks steve, Ive been a real fan of your company and use quite a few of your products, from your stock packs to your excellent prices on AI Mags, Triad Tactical has been my Go-To site. Waiting for you guys to get S&B 3-20's in and ill be purchasing one form you.

Monty

Re: GA Precision + SH Online Training = Awesome!

Monty,
Thanks for your service, and realize you might have to start planning your next trip out of Country to help pay for this addiction.
Now that you own the "best" you won't be happy with any lesser rifle for your "next" one.
SScott

Re: GA Precision + SH Online Training = Awesome!

I would imagine so SScott, Id probably just feel disappointed if I bought a stock rifle and it didn't print clovers, lol. Its the classic Quality vs Quantity debate and I've made my stand.
smile.gif