• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision Thank You

MikeMiller

Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2017
So a very good friend of mine who spent six full US Army Deployments between Afghanistan and Iraq purchased a “ Custom Rifle” from an infamous smith formerly in Florida. He was run out of business by Snipers Hide Members

My buddy made the purchase while on deployment a few years back He spent a bunch of money on it. I mean 4K Thinking he was getting a great rifle because he saw the add reading like the smith made M40A1 rifles He showed me the rifle and instantly you could see the fit and finish was not like my GA Precision, Tac Ops, NorCal Precision or AJ Brown built rifles.

We took it to the range and shot it. Not very accurate No that’s too nice. It sucked He was a bit embarrassed so it went into the back of the safe for a couple of years until recently when he brought it to me to see if I could get it to shoot

I found the barrel was not free floated and not centered in the stock so I took it out of the stock. I found it looked like a beginner did the bedding. No relief at all for recoil lug. Recoil lug bottomed when tightened. The Pilars were very small and filled with epoxy to the point the screws actually were threaded into the bedding compound This would keep pressure from pulling action down into stock I fixed all that and squared up the bedding The work on this stock was the absolute worst I have ever seen done by a supposed gunsmith It took me hours and hours to un F it

Next I checked headspace. A No go gauge closed with no effort which explained why it did not shoot. Headspace was so oversized I did not think it was safe to shoot. I don’t do machine work so I decided it needed a good real rifle smith to fix it.

Well I talked with George at GA Precision and explained how my buddy had been taken advantage of. He graciously said “ Send it in we will fix it”. He took care of a hero.

Long story short GA Precision fixed it. They trued the action ( The other smith had charged for truing but had not touched the original REM 700 action) GA Precision set back the barrel fixing the headspace. Recrowned the muzzle. GA said they could not guarantee the barrel was good But my buddy did not want to buy a new barrel again if he did not absolutely have to since the original was supposed to be a Krieger . In the end the rifle now shoots great and when this questionable barrel eventually stops shooting great my buddy will send back to GA Precision to get a new one

Many smiths I have known would of just thrown everything away and start from scratch but George understood the situation and took care of it

This is rare these days. My buddy is very happy

I am glad the original smith was run out of business by SH members

Thank all of you at GA Precision

after i bought my Harbinger from GAP. all other precision rifles are just posers to the real thing
good company right there

GAP fixed a rifle for me way back that had issues caused by another smith, nothing serious but the bedding job was shit, causing inconsistent accuracy and the finish had thin spots along the barrel. GAP rebedded the action and refinished it in OD Green. It was a hella good shooting rifle after that.

Quantico 5.JPG

Bravo! George and his company GAP really do great work, so they have an excellent reputation.

They have more than a handful of talented dudes up there. Seen some amazing work come from them guys.

I'm surprised the 'other' company was able to operate for so long, for a business that essentially ripped off customers.

Looks like they finally don't have an active website anymore, and their last FB activity was March of 2020.

Glad GAP took care of your friend. Not much worse than the feeling of being ripped off.

I'm surprised the 'other' company was able to operate for so long, for a business that essentially ripped off customers.

Looks like they finally don't have an active website anymore, and their last FB activity was March of 2020.

Glad GAP took care of your friend. Not much worse than the feeling of being ripped off.
That’s great news.

So a very good friend of mine who spent six full US Army Deployments between Afghanistan and Iraq purchased a “ Custom Rifle” from an infamous smith formerly in Florida. He was run out of business by Snipers Hide Members

My buddy made the purchase while on deployment a few years back He spent a bunch of money on it. I mean 4K Thinking he was getting a great rifle because he saw the add reading like the smith made M40A1 rifles He showed me the rifle and instantly you could see the fit and finish was not like my GA Precision, Tac Ops, NorCal Precision or AJ Brown built rifles.

We took it to the range and shot it. Not very accurate No that’s too nice. It sucked He was a bit embarrassed so it went into the back of the safe for a couple of years until recently when he brought it to me to see if I could get it to shoot

I found the barrel was not free floated and not centered in the stock so I took it out of the stock. I found it looked like a beginner did the bedding. No relief at all for recoil lug. Recoil lug bottomed when tightened. The Pilars were very small and filled with epoxy to the point the screws actually were threaded into the bedding compound This would keep pressure from pulling action down into stock I fixed all that and squared up the bedding The work on this stock was the absolute worst I have ever seen done by a supposed gunsmith It took me hours and hours to un F it

Next I checked headspace. A No go gauge closed with no effort which explained why it did not shoot. Headspace was so oversized I did not think it was safe to shoot. I don’t do machine work so I decided it needed a good real rifle smith to fix it.

Well I talked with George at GA Precision and explained how my buddy had been taken advantage of. He graciously said “ Send it in we will fix it”. He took care of a hero.

Long story short GA Precision fixed it. They trued the action ( The other smith had charged for truing but had not touched the original REM 700 action) GA Precision set back the barrel fixing the headspace. Recrowned the muzzle. GA said they could not guarantee the barrel was good But my buddy did not want to buy a new barrel again if he did not absolutely have to since the original was supposed to be a Krieger . In the end the rifle now shoots great and when this questionable barrel eventually stops shooting great my buddy will send back to GA Precision to get a new one

Many smiths I have known would of just thrown everything away and start from scratch but George understood the situation and took care of it

This is rare these days. My buddy is very happy

I am glad the original smith was run out of business by SH members

Thank all of you at GA Precision
Outstanding effort by both you and George.

Who was the original smith? I ask because I friend of mine had work done by a guy...English fella....somewhere in the Orlando area.....who just butchered a gun. He now deals with Joe Walls for all of his work.

GAP fixed a rifle for me way back that had issues caused by another smith, nothing serious but the bedding job was shit, causing inconsistent accuracy and the finish had thin spots along the barrel. GAP rebedded the action and refinished it in OD Green. It was a hella good shooting rifle after that.

View attachment 7908551

Looks similar to my old GAP rifle here at the 2008 SH Cup but I had a can on it. Maybe last time I used a can in a match on it. LOL But that rifle by GAP was a hammer. Still have it in the safe but looks different now and the pic was about 4 barrels back. LOL Have had multiple GAP rifles and you can't go wrong with them.

SHC08_FLG-0500 (2).jpg

Reactions: toader
I did not say exactly who the thief was because I just wanted to say thank you to GAP for fixing the mess. Plus the crummy shop is now out of business. If it had still been in business I would have showed photos and called them out so no one else was taken Sounds like the same guy...

Reactions: UKDslayer
Who was the original smith? I ask because I friend of mine had work done by a guy...English fella....somewhere in the Orlando area.....who just butchered a gun. He now deals with Joe Walls for all of his work.

I'm going to step in here...as much as it would be helpful to know who the "bad" smiths, bad retailers etc. are here, to allow them to be posted here unfortunately opens up this site, and our fearless leader LL, to be subject to lawsuits for harm to reputation etc. It's already happened, and it wasn't cheap (even when in the right, lawyers are very expensive). So, unfortunately that has to be left to the BBB. Thank you for your understanding.

I'm going to step in here...as much as it would be helpful to know who the "bad" smiths, bad retailers etc. are here, to allow them to be posted here unfortunately opens up this site, and our fearless leader LL, to be subject to lawsuits for harm to reputation etc. It's already happened, and it wasn't cheap (even when in the right, lawyers are very expensive). So, unfortunately that has to be left to the BBB. Thank you for your understanding.
I don’t think this ^^ matches the actual reality of members of this forum posting everyday about poor service or products from vendors for the benefit of other members. Every day, mate.

Sharing of info is the only reason that forums like this exist.

Last edited:
So I taught a precision rifle class with my buddy yesterday. A student had a rifle problem so we let her use this rifle.

With 20” barrel and Factory Federal 175 GM. She hit to 1000 yards. GA Precision turned a turd into top tier rifle

George did the same for me back in 2004 and even got the other shop to pay for it he's a good guy.

Montrose