• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

GA Tempest.

Burky1979

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2018
Anyone out there running a 6mmbr, dasher, brx with a tempest without feeding issues? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've seen a couple people running it. I think they were having to make sure the ammo sat forward in the mag, not all the way at the back. I've only run 6 Creed and 6.5 SAUM in mine, so I have never messed with any of the BR family stuff, but both of those calibers feed perfectly with the right mags.

Reactions: n2stcks
I've seen a couple people running it. I think they were having to make sure the ammo sat forward in the mag, not all the way at the back. I've only run 6 Creed and 6.5 SAUM in mine, so I have never messed with any of the BR family stuff, but both of those calibers feed perfectly with the right mags.
I also have a 6.5 creed and a 6.5 saum and they feed flawless but this 6mmbr is giving me a headache.

I also have a 6.5 creed and a 6.5 saum and they feed flawless but this 6mmbr is giving me a headache.

The BR family is annoying (at best) to get feeding in most actions, and the Tempest being built to feed standard diameter cases from an AW doesn't make it any easier. Then you add in the fact that the AWs are welded, so it's harder to make kits for them for the short BR-family cases, and you get a real pain in the ass. It CAN be done, but I'd personally stick with the Creedmoor case family for a Tempest. Plus there's that whole extra 100FPS speed advantage.
Edit: HRD also makes a kit with replacement spring and follower.

The BR family is annoying (at best) to get feeding in most actions, and the Tempest being built to feed standard diameter cases from an AW doesn't make it any easier. Then you add in the fact that the AWs are welded, so it's harder to make kits for them for the short BR-family cases, and you get a real pain in the ass. It CAN be done, but I'd personally stick with the Creedmoor case family for a Tempest. Plus there's that whole extra 100FPS speed advantage.
Edit: HRD also makes a kit with replacement spring and follower.
I have too agree. I have tried a xlr chassis and a manners with Hawkins bottom metal. I have tried the aics mag with primal rights goods and the AW clip with the HRD kits. Both have the same issues. Feed 6 rounds perfect then it takes a nose dive and jams up the clip.

Dont give up yet. I’ve been through three dasher barrels and one bra on two different tempests never had any feed issues after getting them set up. This is in a MPA chassis. I Only use aw mags with hrd kit. Have heard magpul aics works well with br family cartridges. IMO this mimics slightly flaring the feedlips on a metal mag because the plastic has some give to it.
Getting 6br to feed and eject is slightly more troublesome than the dasher in my experience while the bra or brx is slightly easier. All can be done though.
Two of the six mags i use I had to slightly file the front edge of mag to match the receiver. Also have you tried tweaking the feed lips of the magazine slightly? Opening them up or at least the front of the lips can help. A problem with these stubby cartridges sometimes is how the magazine/case is not presented to the action at the correct height.

Dont give up yet. I’ve been through three dasher barrels and one bra on two different tempests never had any feed issues after getting them set up. This is in a MPA chassis. I Only use aw mags with hrd kit. Have heard magpul aics works well with br family cartridges. IMO this mimics slightly flaring the feedlips on a metal mag because the plastic has some give to it.
Getting 6br to feed and eject is slightly more troublesome than the dasher in my experience while the bra or brx is slightly easier. All can be done though.
Two of the six mags i use I had to slightly file the front edge of mag to match the receiver. Also have you tried tweaking the feed lips of the magazine slightly? Opening them up or at least the front of the lips can help. A problem with these stubby cartridges sometimes is how the magazine/case is not presented to the action at the correct height.
Even on the AW mags flare out the feed lips?

Yes even a few thousands can make a difference. This is an informative post I found on another forum i have found helpful:
“That plus bending feed lips should get you in the right direction. On bending feedlips I try to open them up to the point that they present more of the case head to the bolt face, and get closer to the outside edge of the AW cut in your action. On mine the feed lips almost exactly follow outside cut of the action, and require the mag to be pressed firmly into the mag well to latch in place. The tool I used for bending feed lips was the one from Masterpiece Arms”

I use some vice grips with duct tape to prevent marring that I use for welding as I don’t have the Mpa tool. Slow and steady but you can always bend back if you go too far. This process has helped me with the diving issue you’re having.

Yes even a few thousands can make a difference. This is an informative post I found on another forum i have found helpful:
“That plus bending feed lips should get you in the right direction. On bending feedlips I try to open them up to the point that they present more of the case head to the bolt face, and get closer to the outside edge of the AW cut in your action. On mine the feed lips almost exactly follow outside cut of the action, and require the mag to be pressed firmly into the mag well to latch in place. The tool I used for bending feed lips was the one from Masterpiece Arms”

I use some vice grips with duct tape to prevent marring that I use for welding as I don’t have the Mpa tool. Slow and steady but you can always bend back if you go too far. This process has helped me with the diving issue you’re having.
That's awesome news. That's what I will try. Thanks a ton man.