• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gain Twist for a .375 CT ?

mdslammer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hello,

I'm deliberating which twist rate for my new .375 Cheytac barrel. I was going to to with the 1:7" twist rate.
However, someone mentioned that some of the ELR guys are choosing a gain twist like, 1:7.25" to 1:7" twist.
Any comments or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Mark

Pick your bullet first and then build your rifle properly around it.

Hello,

I'm deliberating which twist rate for my new .375 Cheytac barrel. I was going to to with the 1:7" twist rate.
However, someone mentioned that some of the ELR guys are choosing a gain twist like, 1:7.25" to 1:7" twist.
Any comments or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Mark

I don't see much benefit going from 7.25 to 7 on the twist. I am currently shooting a 375 ct with a 34 in 1-7 using 400 CE lazers and they work great. I too have been thinking of going gain twist something like 34 in 7.75 to 7.0 in the new Bartlien steel. I just don't know if a .25 is enough to make a sort of difference or not. I am thinking .50 may be or even .75 is the way to go. I will try and contact Dave Tooley and see what he thinks.

I don't see much benefit going from 7.25 to 7 on the twist. I am currently shooting a 375 ct with a 34 in 1-7 using 400 CE lazers and they work great. I too have been thinking of going gain twist something like 34 in 7.75 to 7.0 in the new Bartlien steel. I just don't know if a .25 is enough to make a sort of difference or not. I am thinking .50 may be or even .75 is the way to go. I will try and contact Dave Tooley and see what he thinks.
Hey Gixxer,
Thanks for the info. I'm rethinking the minimal gain twist as well. I keep hearing a lot of guys, yourself included, having very good success
with the 1:7" twist. My barrel with be a finished 32", like before.
If you hear anything from Dave Tooley, please let me know.
Best.
Mark