• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gaining Daylight

UgashikBob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2005
Outlet Lower Ugashik Lake AK
Sunrise 10:26 AM 12/23/2010 After two solid days of gaining daylight
12232010-1.jpg

Re: Gaining Daylight

I think Your shitty amount of daylight is worth it to live in such an awesome and beautiful place. Thanks for the killer picture.

Not many appreciate winter solstice as much as us, Bob. Makes me glad I don't live in Barrow. Enjoy the sun!

Great pic Bob!

I was thinking the same thing regarding daylight, but not nearly as severe in these parts. Sunrise at 8:10 AM local today.

Don't really notice the gain now, Don't even break the 10 am sunrise till mid January. Then it starts to gain well till we reach max gain of around 6 minutes a day on March 21.

I don't know how you do it Bob. My wife would have me strung up on the barn door after a few weeks of staying inside all the time.

VTN:
Who stays inside all the time? Was up at the crack of dawn this morning to chop a hole in the river ice for water. We are right below a rapids with fast moving water and this is the first time in many years I've seen it frozen all the way across. Usually takes 40 below to do this. Either prolonged below zero or adverse effects from the Goreacle's global warming
12252010-2.jpg