• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GallowTech vs Secureit

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
So, I am in the market for a couple of gun storage lockers. I plan on storing mainly equipment and a few guns. I don’t want to buy another large/heavy safe.

I have narrowed it down to GallowTech and Secureit.

Anyone else I should be considering? Anyone have either?

GallowTech: a more refined “look”. These will be in my study so I would like them to look nice. They also offer a fully enclosed option with no vent holes and the option for keypad lock.

But their shelves don’t look to be as sturdy as securit. The GT shelves use conventional shelf gussets that require a piece of wood on top.

Securit: less refined (military gray steel lockers) but their shelves hold up to 800 lbs. I don’t plan on putting that much in them but it would be nice to know I could.

Price is roughly equivalent.

Gallowtech all the way. It’s a great and sturdy system. It will hold as many firearms as you can put on it. I have a 6 panel wall system it’s been great and they make good hangers for different items

Reactions: Boon20
Thanks for the quick response!!!
just looking at the pictures and prices I cannot see one positive to the secureit over gallowtech. Except that it can hold more weight? (completely unnecessary for normal use) The gallowtech look way better, cost near the same, have good customer service, and a ton of nice hangers to really put all your stuff up nicely. This is a no brainer to me.

I bought a Secureit Fastbox for under the bed recently. Never heard of Gallowtech until I saw this thread so I can't compare. Overall no complaints. Seems pretty stout and does what I need it to do.

Reactions: Cold_Bore_88
I went with GallowTech. Their hangers and accessories are better quality. I think unless you're looking at armory fixtures, SecureIt looks like low end consumer grade. Both have pros and cons but in the end GallowTech is just higher quality.

I’ve used gallow tech for about 10 years now. No complaints other than I’d really like to buy more but fuck if shipping isn’t expensive. I need one of the lockers but it costs as much to ship as it does to buy it right now.

I’ve used gallow tech for about 10 years now. No complaints other than I’d really like to buy more but fuck if shipping isn’t expensive. I need one of the lockers but it costs as much to ship as it does to buy it right now.
Ya. This is a concern to me. Gallow is going to have to figure this out.

My opinion gallow tech is worth the cost. I got a weapon cabnet from them over a year ago. I only have 2 complaints, the key pad for the lock is a little low (im 5'10"). The other is i have a 20lb rifle sitting off the floor of the cabnet and i need to use the 3 rifle base (hybrid verticle stock support shelf 3 rifles) to hold the weight of the 1 rifle. Its not a big problem for me since i space everything out anyway.

If your filling it with hunting rifles or AR's you wont have a problem with the base hangers

I have no experience with secure it.

Reactions: Cold_Bore_88