• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Game Changer vs Fortune Cookie

SourMash

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2012
GA
Are these bags close enough in design that either would be a great first bag? Or do you guys recommend one over the other? IF you guys say the game changer would be the best do you recommend the sticky, OG or waxed model?

Support bags are like underwear. Everyone has a favourite and only some people look good with them. Personally when I started I thought a fortune cookie was better. Then as I got better I realised once I had the ability to hold still the waxed canvas game changer was a whole new level of stability.

Support bags are like underwear. Everyone has a favourite and only some people look good with them. Personally when I started I thought a fortune cookie was better. Then as I got better I realised once I had the ability to hold still the waxed canvas game changer was a whole new level of stability.
yeah, so many choices.
for stability, i like the precision underground 3D ELR.
for all around light weight multi-function (rear or barricade), i like the pint sized sticky, but it isn't as stable as the heavier ELR.

Thank you guys for your replies. I have a 3d ELR coming but I want another bag as well. I'm leaning towards the GC

The way the bags are stitched does create a small difference.

The gamechanger is stitched in a way the middle (thin part between the ears) is tight and kinda forces the top of the bag to stay flat.

The cookie doesn’t and allows it to make different shapes on top (hence the cookie name since it’s round on top naturally). I prefer the cookie as for me it seems to accommodate more shapes/positions.

But both are great bags and subject to the end user’s preference.

The schmedium game changer is my go to (it's waxed canvas). It makes a super stable front rest when pinched between my bipod and magazine well, and it seems to work well as a rear bag. At the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference. Your best bet would be to go to match or find some guys locally that have either bag to figure out which one you prefer.

The way the bags are stitched does create a small difference.

The gamechanger is stitched in a way the middle (thin part between the ears) is tight and kinda forces the top of the bag to stay flat.

The cookie doesn’t and allows it to make different shapes on top (hence the cookie name since it’s round on top naturally). I prefer the cookie as for me it seems to accommodate more shapes/positions.

But both are great bags and subject to the end user’s preference.

(thread hijack alert)

@Dthomas3523 heavy sand (16 lbs), standard (6 lbs), or light (2 lbs) fill for the fortune cookie?

I agree with the guy who said bags are like underwear. Both are good, but only you will know which one you like more. I personally like game changers, but my reason(s) might not matter much to you.

My suggestion would be go out to a local match and see if you can try both out. Or you could buy both, put some reps in with both and sell the one you dont like. You'll lose a few bucks.. not much.. or you could call that an investment in research?

Reactions: IPoutdoors
I personally feel like the sand filled bags are more stable than the standard or light fill. They just suck to carry around

Reactions: IPoutdoors
The mini fortune cookie is only 7.5 lbs and the schmeduim is about the same weight. I’ve had both and prefer the fortune cookie. Once you shoot off one you won’t mind carrying the weight around

Wiebad makes 3 different sand filled fortune cookie type bags. The mini the tater tot and the max

(thread hijack alert)

@Dthomas3523 heavy sand (16 lbs), standard (6 lbs), or light (2 lbs) fill for the fortune cookie?

I have the 16lb (max), the 8lb (tater tot), and the 4lb (mini).

All are good and have their ups and downs. There isn’t much you can’t do with the mini though.

16 lber for me and I also carry a pint sized game changer, both waxed canvas

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm gonna end up with both now that I've read all of these comments but I ordered the waxed game changer first.

I had used a game changer until recently. Was sent a sand filled waxed mini fortune cookie for kid I am helping with get started in PRS. Found the fortune cookie superior to the game changer, but was not really comparing apples to apples. The game changer we were using seemed a bit under filled and was too light and would not contour well. Would like to try the GC with heavy sand fill to see how it compares with the cookie.

Reactions: SourMash
I have used the wax canvas game changer full size, MFC, wax canvas MFC, and full size fortune cookie.

My most used now is the full size wax canvas GC, followed by the light fill standard MFC.

My wax canvas MFC is under filled and heavy. It has already ripped with light use.

I have owned both and I kept the Game Changer (waxed) and sold the fortune cookie. For me the Game Changer was much more flexible in adapting to a variety of positions, and I liked the fill on it better. I've since used it in the field including a 7 day long course and dozens of single day events and it has never failed me. In fact I now own two of the waxed canvas ones.

Anyone else have the waxed canvas MFC's eat themselves with the quickness? I can't compare them to a schmedium (haven't had it long enough), but I struggled keeping my WC MFC's together. Otherwise torn between the two. One thing I like about the schmedium is that I can get a little more height out of it to use as a rear bag in places the WC MFC would be too short.

Anyone else have the waxed canvas MFC's eat themselves with the quickness? I can't compare them to a schmedium (haven't had it long enough), but I struggled keeping my WC MFC's together. Otherwise torn between the two. One thing I like about the schmedium is that I can get a little more height out of it to use as a rear bag in places the WC MFC would be too short.

Not sure what “eat themselves” means. But the fortune cookies without the rubber on the bottom will tear. I haven’t torn one with the rubber. I’m fairly rough on stuff.

Also, any bag with sand fill will deteriorate over time and need either refilled or replaced.

I wanna see the Tater Tot vs. The Peanut!
But seriously, these waxed canvas sandbags are consumables, especially if you loan em out.

When the original testers (Okies) picked the combination of fabric/fill they liked the most - the current version was chosen. They were told that it would not last, and they stated that they didn't care for the trade off in stability. It is a consumable product, but the timeline depends on how hard you are on things. FWIW, WieBad will replace it one time for free per person. The Tater Tot solves the second issue, which is a WC MFC that is 1.5" wider.

Reactions: deersniper
What are y’all’s opinions on the sticky vs waxed pint size game changer? Looking at getting one and can’t pick. I do like the fact the sticky has a zipper though

Waxed canvas is much more stable. Sticky occasionally is great

I find the sticky bottom on the Wiebad Charlie MFC/Full Size to be the best sticky material. I have regular GC, Shmedium, and Charlie MFC SAP Sand, and Charlie MFC SAP Lite. I run one of my Wiebad Charlie MFC's 90% of the time. The only reason I choose my shmedium is because it can attach to my railchanger-x and some stages with a lot of transitions and low time / high round count I choose to run attached.

If they made a Wiebad Charlie MFC with either grey ops straps, or rcx straps, I'd probably get rid of all my GC's.

Reactions: drglock
Has anyone filled them with lead shot? Just curious. If heavier is better....
I wouldn’t do lead because it will be too heavy with no additional support. I like black beauty sandblasting media as it is granular instead of round and really locks up solid.

Reactions: Newbie2020
I have an OG Gamechanger (the large one with lighter fill) and a pint sized waxed gamechanger.

I am either going to the Schmedium waxed canvas or the tater tot from Wiebad.

I cannot make my mind up. The pintsize for me is a little too small and the large is too big and uncomfortable.

I just switched over from the standard fill mini fortune cookie to a waxed canvas sand fill shmedium. Like the grip of the waxed canvas and the ability to adjust the fill in the bag easy, but i think the biggest difference is the fill in the bag. For me the sand fill is awesome

Anyone see Wiebads site where it states, CONSUMABLE DUE TO WIEGHT AND THICKNESS OF FABRIC. Does this mean it will break down over time and it wont be covered by any warranty?

is wiebads warranty any good or will you just have to buy new bags when it rips?

I agree with the guy who said bags are like underwear. Both are good, but only you will know which one you like more. I personally like game changers, but my reason(s) might not matter much to you.

My suggestion would be go out to a local match and see if you can try both out. Or you could buy both, put some reps in with both and sell the one you dont like. You'll lose a few bucks.. not much.. or you could call that an investment in research?
You’ll buy more than one, guaranteed.
Don’t over think it you’ll end up with more anyways.
This. If you get out of this and only ever buy one bag, you’re abnormal. 😄 just give in and get what looks good, they are like chips; you can’t have just one. 😎

Anyone see Wiebads site where it states, CONSUMABLE DUE TO WIEGHT AND THICKNESS OF FABRIC. Does this mean it will break down over time and it wont be covered by any warranty?

is wiebads warranty any good or will you just have to buy new bags when it rips?
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it means. I saw that the other day and after thinking about it, I don't blame them. People are rough on their equipment and will tear shit up on purpose just to see how much abuse it can handle. They're in the game to make money as well and I'm about to send them some of mine :)

I really like my mini FC. The weight is ideal. But sand rubbing against canvas is going to abrade the fabric over time so it’s eventually going to wear thin and rip. That means I used it which is why I bought it. So far it’s holding up nicely

Anyone tried a mixed fill? Light to take up volume and weight with heavy sand to add stability?

I'm a big fan of the Wiebad Mini Fortune Cookie. I have both the regular (OG) sized fortune cookie and the mini, and since getting the mini it's the one that gets brought to matches.

A mini can do ~98% of what the bigger sizes can do, it's very capable, while being lighter and more compact to run around and travel with. I try to keep things as simple as possible, and the only bags I bring to a match are a rear bag and mini FC.

Both my fortune cookies are the original version, haven't played with the "sticky" versions, so no comment there. But the idea behind the sticky sounds nice to me.

Reactions: littlepod

WieBad will replace it once. Thin waxed canvas with a lot of dense weight = limited life span, that is the trade off for the stability.