• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Game changer waxed canvas: full or pint sized?

Indybio72

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2018
Starting to get into PRS and looking at either the full sized or pint sized (heavy fill) waxed canvas game changer. What do you all prefer? Looking at previous post I see some say the full sized is too big and the pint sized is too small/stiff for some barricades. I currently have a small rear bag, if that plays into the decision at all

I've got a full size fortune cookie. If I were to do it again I'd get a mini. There are a few props where a full sized bag is too big. I got to borrow a mini game changer and it was just right. Really, like so much in this game "get both."

Reactions: Indybio72
I have both, now I only use the pint sized heavy for everything. I think the heavy fill is better than the bead full of the OG for stability.

Either Armageddon gear game changer pint sized or OG will work for you and the only
Bags I carry

Reactions: Indybio72
Does the heavy fill make it more stable? Is that the advantage over the lite fill?

Full size, I'd go lite fill. Pint sized, heavy for sure. For barricade stability Sand > Lite Fill > Heavy Fill at least in my testing on all 3 in various bags.

This is a great piece for any full size game changer to mount the bag on rifle and spread the weight evenly across the scope with out over tightening straps,

Both.

One will never be the right size.

That said, I carry an og GameChanger and a small back bag from crosstac. Never really needed anything more, but options are nice if you can have them.

Reactions: 10ring1
I've owned both. I prefer the full size og wax canvas. The pint size heavy fill I had was good but I preferred the full size. It's more stable in positional and I've never seen it to be I'm the way. The fullsize is the only bag I use anymore.

I'd go to a match and try some out. I'll bet money there is both at about any match you attend

The only time I had an issue with a full size “gamer bag” was shooting from a small window made from plywood. The windows are mostly too narrow to fit a standard bag- think just barely wide enough to get a rifle through. The mini was perfect for that. Otherwise, full-size...

I have the full size OG waxed canvas and now the full sized sticky (the original design, totally made of the sticky material).
i actually prefer the sticky to the waxed canvas, even after I put on a fresh coat of otter wax. I’ve never had a problem with the full size on either being too big for any obstacles.

I am a fan of both - can't really go wrong with either... they are good in different situations.

I have the full size OG waxed canvas and now the full sized sticky (the original design, totally made of the sticky material).
i actually prefer the sticky to the waxed canvas, even after I put on a fresh coat of otter wax. I’ve never had a problem with the full size on either being too big for any obstacles.

What fill on the full sticky?