• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Game Warden stories

Some of you guys have said that all or most of your interactions with GW has been positive. What you seem to not understand is that the interaction itself is a problem. Any interaction with LEO is a threat to your well being and/or your life whether you can comprehend this or not.

I think most game wardens are pathological. They're always wanting you to think they're your friend, when all they're doing is getting inside to find something to write you up for. They're sneaky, dirty, underhanded worms and more or less, rejects who couldn't find any other job to do. Wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
You just described LEO in general.

Any interaction with LEO is a threat to your well being and/or your life whether you can comprehend this or not.
Two things
1. They are regulations enforcers. Enforced as though they are laws. How fucked up and unconstitutional is that?
2. I got to hunt and fish for many years using their money to hunt and fish the king's animals. Hmmm, sounds just like the reason for the declaration of Independence and here we are.

One of the problem is the logging companies who buy up all the land think they own the animals as well. And they use the GW's for enforcement. With the way they GW's interact with the timber companies you can guarantee they are getting paid off.

You have to rely on onX and f'n pay attention. Land doesn't have to be marked for you to get in trouble. So you can hunt these checker boarded units and even when you are in the right you have to go back and prove it. Otherwise they assume your wrong and steal your animal.

I reckon I've got an experience from several years back to share with regards to Game Warden interactions that left a bad taste in my mouth...
iu

In Montana all revenue generated from tickets goes to the wardens retirement account.

So it's 100% a conflict of interest.

They're sadly necessary because of the idiots that don't understand, but most of their job could be handled by local law enforcement.

My favorite interactions have been for "poaching" the whitetails that have killed themselves running into fences and trucks. Its not uncommon to wake up to a dead deer and messed up chain-link where it broke it's neck.

I have a herd of 10-20 that feeds in my yard at night and the dog doesn't appreciate it when they're in her yard.

I knew him. Crooked as a dog's hind leg. In fact, BLEE's above analogy described him to a T. Friend to your face, invite you to dinner at his house and then try and bust you the next day.

He took that fat loser I described under his wing and was his mentor, getting him a job with TPWD before he went on to be become a GW.

The fat loser, who never changed his outlaw ways, got a DWI and was involved in a Felony Mischief incident which Grover told him how to lie, deny and get out of.
Grover tried to get me on a hunting out of season (deer ) long story, I was 15 at the time , turned 16 a couple of months later and got a summons to court , showed up with my mom and it was dismissed, Grover was in the hospital with pneumonia, thank goodness, I was guilty as hell , got a few other stories about ol Grover , he's been dead for a long time now so I guess should let that dog lie.And then there was the game warden over in Lampasas County Richard Pinckney, he wasn't as arrogant as Grover but just as sneaky, my uncle that lived on the Lampasas river had many dealings with him, mostly negative, I saw where he died a few years ago , my uncles still alive in his late 80's I should have went and got him and poached a deer and thrower it on his grave, but if we would've got caught the jail time would be worse than for robbing a liquor store.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexPatriot
I took my two daughters fishing when they were young enough to not need a license. When we were loading up the truck to go home a fish cop pulled up and asked me for a license. I told him that I was not fishing that only the girls were. He said that he was going to write me a ticket for fishing without a license so I asked him if he witnessed that. He said no but the evidence suggested that I was. I told him to write the ticket and I will see you in court so you can lie to the judge. The fucker wrote the ticket. After realizing that he was just using the system to fuck with me I just sent a copy of the license with the ticket to the court.They don't care because they are getting paid to show up for the court days. I would have to take time off from work and waste a day of my life. So I still get fucked and the judge, his boss or anyone in charge wouldn't do a damn thing to the POS fish cop for being a liar.

Years later I got a service call from him to repair his HVAC system. He didn't remember me. He unknowingly paid the tax for being a POS.
You was fishin' though, right?

;)

Grover tried to get me on a hunting out of season (deer ) long story, I was 15 at the time , turned 16 a couple of months later and got a summons to court , showed up with my mom and it was dismissed, Grover was in the hospital with pneumonia, thank goodness, I was guilty as hell , got a few other stories about ol Grover , he's been dead for a long time now so I guess should let that dog lie.And then there was the game warden over in Lampasas County Richard Pinckney, he wasn't as arrogant as Grover but just as sneaky, my uncle that lived on the Lampasas river had many dealings with him, mostly negative, I saw where he died a few years ago , my uncles still alive in his late 80's I should have went and got him and poached a deer and thrower it on his grave, but if we would've got caught the jail time would be worse than for robbing a liquor store.
Grover having pneumonia would have been bad. He was running an obstacle course in army boot camp and fell and landed on his rifle, impaling himself in the chest with the barrel and as a result only had one lung. Thats how come he breathed like he was always out of breath.

Not sure how he passed a physical for the State to become a GW but like I said in an earlier post, the fat slug he sponsored couldn't do a push-up, pull-up much less run an obstacle course. And that fat chode got even fatter once he made warden, I mean obese fat. I ran into him Austin and didn't even recocnize him he was so fat.

Grover got suspended from the force after his run in with LBJ and wasn't allowed back on for a long time. And then there was Hutchinson who worked the Leander / 183 corridor. He caught us fishing on a stock tank on private property in '73 and hauled us in before a judge in Georetown where we had to pay a $35.00 fine. He later got booted off the force for using his wife's deer tags on deer he shot. He later got reinstated. Rules for thee and not the King's men.

I got a lot of stories.

Reactions: Stevo86
Grover having pneumonia would have been bad. He was running an obstacle course in army boot camp and fell and landed on his rifle, impaling himself in the chest with the barrel and as a result only had one lung. Thats how come he breathed like he was always out of breath.

Not sure how he passed a physical for the State to become a GW but like I said in an earlier post, the fat slug he sponsored couldn't do a push-up, pull-up much less run an obstacle course. And that fat chode got even fatter once he made warden, I mean obese fat. I ran into him Austin and didn't even recocnize him he was so fat.

Grover got suspended from the force after his run in with LBJ and wasn't allowed back on for a long time. And then there was Hutchinson who worked the Leander / 183 corridor. He caught us fishing on a stock tank on private property in '73 and hauled us in before a judge in Georetown where we had to pay a $35.00 fine. He later got booted off the force for using his wife's deer tags on deer he shot. He later got reinstated. Rules for thee and not the King's men.

I got a lot of stories.
Fuck Tx game wardens. Most of them r the biggest fucking poachers I’ve ever seen.

Fuck Tx game wardens. Most of them r the biggest fucking poachers I’ve ever seen.
This has been 30+ (40+?) years, and my retelling it is second hand… My uncle and some friends drew tags for Colorado mule deer. The one to poach a deer (and know he was doing it) on that trip was a TX GW…

Reactions: Stevo86
Not sure about other states, but Texas game wardens are the biggest bunch of no good chickenshits in all the land. Never met one that didn't have a shitty attitude or treat us like criminals when we were out hunting or fishing. Never had a ticket or even a warning, but i have had hours of harassment, and more ruined hunts than I can count.

We had one that is a known wife abuser that beat up the constable in Garza County. He didn't get arrested, he got transferred as is the norm with state and federal LE.

Not sure about other states, but Texas game wardens are the biggest bunch of no good chickenshits in all the land. Never met one that didn't have a shitty attitude or treat us like criminals when we were out hunting or fishing. Never had a ticket or even a warning, but i have had hours of harassment, and more ruined hunts than I can count.

We had one that is a known wife abuser that beat up the constable in Garza County. He didn't get arrested, he got transferred as is the norm with state and federal LE.
Exactly… we was coyote hunting one night, next thing I know I’m cuffed and sitting in a game warden truck being told that I poached a deer…. Never even seen a deer that night. Turns out we was hunting next to the game wardens deer lease.. he told me that I was gonna show him where I hid the deer, I laughed and said… u claim u watched us shoot it… u go fucking find it.

Anyways ended up being a long night!!!

Thats because in Texas they are considered knights of a Feudal system and the big land baron and their wealthy hunters are their kings.

Texas doesn't have public forests for peasants to hunt. In Texas, if you don't fall in the above category you shouldn't be allowed to hunt, much less kill a trophy game animal. Those are for the king and his paying guests. You're not worthy, peasant.

In South Texas, a game warden can get away with literally anything and will recieve protection from his overlords which are the big ranchers. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission is made up of big landowners like Fausto Yturria, wealthy powerbrokers and celebrity former athletes like Nolan Ryan. The game wardens are their henchmen. It's a rich, good ol' boy's club and you ain't in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: XP1K and Bender
Us white people where always approached by fish and game at Show Lo lake. They would never approach the no abla english. We had one officer tell us the no abla never paid the fines so it was no use ticketing them.🤬
I believe that actually

Reactions: Jscb1b
I don't know for a fact , but have heard or read somewhere that Texas game wardens have one of the best pay scales and benefits packages of all LE in the state , and when they retire they're set for life , of course they claim their job is the most dangerous of all LE because most of the subjects they arrest are armed, I call bullshit , show me the numbers , I'll bet more iron workers died on the job last year than GW's.

Speaking of Napoleon syndrome, the punk I described in post #9 was about 5'6", weighed 240lbs. and wore 1" rubber soles on his boots to try and make him look taller. We called them his 'Lift kits', another reason he swore he would arrest us when he became a game warden.

He couldn't do one push-up or pull-up so he took his P.E. instructor in high school hunting to try and bribe him into giving him a passing grade.

Upon leaving, the coach was informed by a third party he had been hunting on Lower Colorado River Authority Park property where firearms and hunting were very much prohibited.

The disgusting fatbody, future game warden got an F in P.E.

The fact he couldn't do a push-up, much less make it over a barricade in the academy shows how political and strong the Good Ol' Boys system was in TPWD in the 70's.
My FIL was a lineman for the LCRA in the late 40s and 50s, except for a brief stint working for the city of Austin, where my wife was technically born. But she grew up in their house in Brenham.

I got a lot of stories.
I'm surprised I never ran into the fat fuck GW you referr to ,as I've had quite a few incounters with the GW,s in Travis county and Burnet county in my youth I'm sure I would have remembered his physique
Whole new bunch of young GW's now ,had 3 pull me and a buddy over on lake Buchanan a couple of years ago , we're both old farts now ,one of the young shits kept his hand on his holster pistol the whole time , like two fat old men were some kids of threat to the three of those young bucks, fucking ridiculous.

Twig pigs ?

Tried to seize my rifle when ghog hunting private property years ago. “Cause thats a silencer and that’s illegal”

Had trespassers that ignored blue paint , no trespassing signs . A locked gate not to mention trespass on farm land is a offense but itself regardless of if marked or not. Pigs gave them a warning. Same day they checked a guy on a relatives property. Gave him a $1200 ticket for shotgun during muzzle loader season or the opposite.

They steal our money and pay them to keep you from shooting the long legged rats. Then they steal more of your money to pay other parasites to shoot the long legged rats

Just another gang of dangerous parasites

I reckon I've got an experience from several years back to share with regards to Game Warden interactions that left a bad taste in my mouth. To quickly set the stage- a coworker of mine invited a few of us to go waterfowl hunting with him and this is the fella that has the boat, decoys, and almost hunts waterfowl exclusively so had much more experience than we did. The catch was- he was a diehard waterfowl hunter and needed some help setting up all of the decoys/blind etc. and he was one of those early morning types. Now I'm NOT a morning person by any stretch and am fully in the night owl category but I was excited to receive the invite and agreed to meet him at the boat launch something like 0500 for this hunt which was about an already 45 minute or so drive. So I hardly got any sleep to speak of and there's the 4 of us at the launch loading up the boat with gear and shuttling everyone back and forth to an island in the middle of the river. We get the decoys & blind set up and it's probably January so quite literally freezing but we settle in and wait for first light/legal shooting hours. As we wait we notice that several hundred yards in front of us, facing down river, there's now another group on a distant island doing the same thing and this coworker is telling our group stories about how competitive & protective people are on 'their spots' and something about hanging a plastic jug to mark their perceived territory (on public grounds nevertheless). Well they're comfortably outside of shotgun range and just off to the side of our shooting lanes (probably at our 10 o'clock and shooting between 11-1 o'clock) with regards to how our blind was positioned so I didn't worry too much about it.

Anywho now that's out of the way- we get into legal hours and start calling and much to my surprise started having some success calling ducks in. We bring in a group and knock a few down- and then the coworker and another guy have to hop in the boat and chase the dead ducks down river (towards the other group) before the current carries them away. While the chase is on- we stop our hunt because our crew is in a position that wouldn't be safe to shoot for the two of us still on the island. We probably got only 2... maybe 3 volleys of this in before we notice a boat coming upstream from us and we're glassing them and notice that it's 2 game wardens and that they're glassing us. Of course they're doing this smack dab in our shooting lane, birds are flying overhead and we can't shoot with where their boat is positioned in the river. And they watch us watching them for... oh I'd say a good 15-20 minutes (again while birds are continuing to fly overhead and we can't safely take a shot at any of them even though they're right over our decoys). We also notice that they're only watching us and not the other group directly at their... 5 o'clock position.

Well eventually they put their binos down and start heading to the direction of the little island we were set up on. They approach our position, have us secure their boat and then once that was tied off- have us all unload our shotguns responding to a 'complaint' and looking for 'compliance'. We do as instructed and unload and then every one of our shotguns is inspected (slowly) to ensure not only what we had loaded was at legal capacity but that we all had the plugs installed to prevent us from loading more than we legally could and they seemed rather disappointed that we all checked out with only being able to load 2 shells in the tube. They checked all of our shells to make sure we didn't have any lead shot, and again were disappointed that we were all using steel/appropriate alternatives for lead and then searched our bags looking for 'hidden' lead shot rounds in our bags and didn't find anything. At this point they separated our group to perform license inspections (did I mention that birds were overhead and quite literally landing in the decoys we set up before daybreak while this is all going on?).

I was the first of the group to have their license checked and when I presented all of my documentation (I think someone mentioned the licenses being printed off like a CVS receipt and that was the case here) but they now suddenly kept harping on that they suspected us as drinking alcohol while hunting and I needed to "make things easier for me and my friends" by "coming clean". I assured them that nobody was drinking any alcohol and that we've been here since 0 dark thirty getting everything set up. They'd ask a few questions about my turkey tag then follow that with asking how many beers have we been drinking. I'd remind them that as they can clearly see- there's nothing but coffee thermos and water bottles at our blind. They'd come back with something like "oh, ok"-then go back to asking about my unfilled deer tags and throw in a "so how many wine coolers did this group drink", I repeated myself and we went onto my unfilled antler less tag, and they'd respond my answer with "so how many mixed drinks were you all drinking"... etc etc. Ducks and Geese are still swimming in our decoys but this is how my "license check" went and even though my shotgun was legally plugged, was shooting legal ammunition, clearly demonstrated there wasn't any alcoholic beverages in our tiny island sitting in the river, and had the proper waterfowl/migratory bird license & federal duck stamp they continued to grill me without any probable cause. I, of course, didn't get the opportunity to observe the other 3 license checks but afterwards, we all were sharing the same exact experience. Oh- the birds that were in our decoys had long since left by now and the crew that set up after we did were shooting throughout this 'random inspection'.

Well to skip over all the details- the next 3 people of our group were questioned and it wasn't until the last one said something about shooting a deer at his relatives place either this season or the previous that the game wardens changed their story for why they were talking to us completely and said that his deer tag from that season wasn't filled out and had to ticket him because he 'likely' shot that deer from either 3 months ago or 15 months ago but by not remembering which season implied some sort of acknowledgment of guilt and implicated himself by hiding it. Once they got their ticket written, they again had us hold their boat for them and they jetted off further upstream. After they left I remember the question being floated amongst the group was as they took their boat away, were they telling themselves "I can't believe that worked" or is that their SOP on filling tickets.

What really irritated me was throughout this (as I remember it at least) approximately during a 1.5-2 hour long process they kept saying as if they were trained to repeat it at a set interval that "they weren't interrupting our hunt". Which I'd estimate was once every 15 minutes or so despite us playing these games with them the whole time and not being able to pursue/shoot the game that was literally swimming in our decoys not even 30 yards out. And of course the crew downriver was now shooting up a storm. I'm pretty confident in the recollection of my memory because I distinctly remember them finally leaving after grilling us over a 'routine inspection' and having to immediately end our hunt because we needed to break down the blind and collect all of the decoys up by early afternoon so my coworker/the boat earner could get back to another commitment later that they had.

Whelp- that's a heck of a lot longer than I anticipated this would go on for and I have more to say but I'm sure most folks wouldn't read this post already due to its length so I'll save my alibi rounds for another post then.

-LD
724A2513-6D80-4236-A3BD-4126856E5C3C.jpeg

I'm surprised I never ran into the fat fuck GW you referr to ,as I've had quite a few incounters with the GW,s in Travis county and Burnet county in my youth I'm sure I would have remembered his physique
Whole new bunch of young GW's now ,had 3 pull me and a buddy over on lake Buchanan a couple of years ago , we're both old farts now ,one of the young shits kept his hand on his holster pistol the whole time , like two fat old men were some kids of threat to the three of those young bucks, fucking ridiculous.
The fat fuck I was referring to grew up west of Austin and was a notorious poacher in the 70's, getting caught poaching and hauled in to jail more than once before he turned 18.

He got on as a warden in '76 and was stationed in South Texas in Kingsville with the King Ranch being part of his sector, along with Baffin Bay.

He got on at TPWD as an 'intern', a job created for him which was a paid snitch that cleaned boats, did janitor work around the academy on Smith School Rd., cleaning up spilled snuff cans from the game warden cadets, etc.

He went to Colo. deer hunting with us in '77 after being hired on waiting to be accepted for the next GW class. We went to our old camp in the San Juan Forest next to a big private ranch and like before, he was the first one over the fence opening morning, trespassing and wearing no required hunter safety orange. He ran into some old friends and fellow poachers from home he had rolled over on and said he was going to arrest when he became a warden. I watched him through binoculars hauling ass back over the fence and heading back to camp first morning. When I got back to camp he was hiding in his sleeping bag under a TPWD trailer he had borrowed from work to pull behind his Jeep. He was scared to death and said if anybody shot him to know who to suspect as he named off fellow poachers he had run into from Austin he grew up with and bragged he would arrest.

Then he said he had chest pains and I needed to take him down to Cortez to the Dr. We took his CJ5 Jeep and I drove him past the camp of our friends he said he was going to arrest while he hid under an army blanket. He spent the deer season in a motel room in Cortez and I went back and killed a good muley buck.

My FIL was a lineman for the LCRA in the late 40s and 50s, except for a brief stint working for the city of Austin, where my wife was technically born. But she grew up in their house in Brenham.
He was that tough old breed that climbed wooden power poles with spikes, like a logger.