• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Gamechanger schmedium, adding and removing fill, and Mammoth

Undrgrndprdcts

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
I've seen some people mention in older threads about carrying an empty support bag, then filling it with rocks or whatever before each stage at Mammoth. I don't recall the specific bags being mentioned. My question is, is a waxed canvas gamechanger easy enough to do this at every stage? Is there a better bag suited for this? Is there a better way?

You can, but I wouldn't recommend it. Gamechangers used to come with a zipper that made it really easy to add/remove fill. Since the increase in popularity of sand/heavy fill bags, they have gone to a velcro, labyrinth style system. It works well to keep the fine sand from leaking out, but is a PITA to fill. Personally, I'd go with a git lite GC of your choice. The 1-1.5 lbs you might save emptying and filling your bag every stage isn't worth it to me.

Reactions: Undrgrndprdcts
Yeah GitLite, or a blend of GL and sand, is what you want. You also can't guarantee that you'll be able to find the raw materials you want at each location. If you're really concerned about weight, go 100% GL; I find that a 50/50 blend by volume is really stable and dramatically lighter than straight sand.

I'd bring whatever you shoot the best off of. For me it's a schmedium over a pint sized. Just fill it with Gitlite and call it good. The filling with sand isn't always possible, especially with some of the ranges/lanes they use now.

I’ve gone to a Pintsize as my main bag, so that I can reach the front of the bag with my support hand and not blade my shoulders. People with longer arms, or who want to interface with the bag differently, can get success with larger bags. I have a Shmedium, but don’t use it anymore.

All that to say, I agree with @NGCSUGrad09. Shoot what size you like best. It’s not that much more weight, and there are less critical places to trim ounces (such as planning water more aggressively, within your personal safety/comfort margins).

Reactions: StrayDog
I’ve gone to a Pintsize as my main bag, so that I can reach the front of the bag with my support hand and not blade my shoulders. People with longer arms, or who want to interface with the bag differently, can get success with larger bags. I have a Shmedium, but don’t use it anymore.

All that to say, I agree with @NGCSUGrad09. Shoot what size you like best. It’s not that much more weight, and there are less critical places to trim ounces (such as planning water more aggressively, within your personal safety/comfort margins).
Does the pint sized game changer have a Velcro opening.

Ive got two Pint sized Gamechangers and both of them are sewed shut, no method to change the fill without cutting a seam and sewing it shut afterwards.

Reactions: spife7980
I'd say run a shmedium with a 50/50 mix of lightweight and sand. Precision Underground has a lightweight fill called Purg that I actually like more than Gitlite. Then again I just ordered a pint-sized heavy on Friday.

I ran my schemdium game changer with Git Lite fill and it worked great

To you guys that are mixing your fill, is 50/50 buy weight or volume? Or does it really matter?