• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10 7mm08

SgtKope

Back from a long vacation
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Maryland/DC/Pennsylvania
Here she is! Big thanks to the folks at GA Precision and Jason Kyle at USO.

photo-3.jpg

Re: GAP-10 7mm08

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kope</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here she is! Big thanks to the folks at GA Precision and Jason Kyle at USO.

photo-3.jpg

</div></div>

Awesome! Now you can join the 'mile' club
wink.gif
whistle.gif
grin.gif

If I may ask, what are all the particulars of the rifle?

Got any loads worked up for it yet?

You should just be able to squeeze in the Berger 180 and 168's to feed in the mag. Same with the new Hornady 162 A-max's and Sierra 180 SMK's. The old Hornady HPBT's will fit no problem, as will the Sierra 175's.

With all of the really high BC bullets you will be seated right to the top of the bearing surfaces of each bullet.

Too bad Berger doesn't make a lighter, really long ogive bullet to not only fit the mag but take advantage of the really tight twist.
wink.gif

why 7mm -08 just curious my wife shoots this for hunting and loves it but have seen a lot in the ar platform.

Looks great. What color did you order? Did they paint the mount or someone else?

Who did the paint job and what color is that? Nice rig.

Sweet. I'm very interested in the range report, and what velocity you can get out of this. I was going to build a 708 AR, but came across a great deal on a 260 barrel, and couldn't pass it up. I'll do the 708 next time.

7-08 makes a lot of sense in an AR. Much better ballistics than 308, plus reasonable barrel life. A 260 shoots nice and flat, but 2500 rounds per barrel is a short time with an AR.

i agree it does make a lot of sense the ballistics are really good just don't see that many of them. sure can't wait to see how it does at the range. being a gap i am sure it is really good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbledroptine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i agree it does make a lot of sense the ballistics are really good just don't see that many of them. sure can't wait to see how it does at the range. being a gap i am sure it is really good. </div></div>

I have zero practical experience with 7-08 in an AR. However, Quickload was a little disappointing with a 162amax @ 2.810 - to be loaded in Pmags. I was going to try it anyway, QL isn't the end all be all! Even if it only manages 2400fps though, it's still flatter and less drift than a 30cal 175smk @ 2550, and it'll have less recoil.

Glad to see someones trying - again, can't wait for the range report!

Looks great. I too would be interested in all the details.