• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10 Food

Glock30

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2011
NH
So I just got my first GAP-10 in .308, 18" barrel
I'm not set up for .308 loading.....yet.
What off the shelf food would you guys/girls recommend to feed the GAP?
I'm mainly gonna be shooting at 600 yards
Thanks

Re: GAP-10 Food

Copper Creek Cartridge Company "gas gun loads"
This ammo was developed for that exact rifle.

Hornady 168 AMAX load is very accurate in my GAP 10 and it will get you to 600 without a problem. Also the new 178 BTHP load will work well and the 178 BTHP bullet has a .530 BC if you plan on shooting past 600.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hornady 168 AMAX load is very accurate in my GAP 10 and it will get you to 600 without a problem. Also the new 178 BTHP load will work well and the 178 BTHP bullet has a .530 BC if you plan on shooting past 600. </div></div>

In your opinion is the AMAX 178 better than the FGMM 175?

FGMM 168's shoot the best in mine, when punching paper at 100.
SW ammo 175 shoot really good also.

Wow thanks guy's,
Im mostly punchin paper and shootin steel.
Thanks alot

I just switched from 168 FGMM to the 175s and had more groups under 1/2 inch at 100 than before but that could be due to me getting used to the rifle. The 175s are my new go to bullet...

I've yet to run anything as fast(in 175gr) as the FGM 7.62. It cronos around 100fps faster that SWA, I'm assuming due to the neck tension and/or the fact that it's crimped-primer mil-spec brass which can be run hotter. Granted...speed doesn't necessarily equal accuracy but it is interesting none the less, and the dope on my GAP-10 and HRT is very close to each other with that ammo. I get a legitimate and repeatable 3/4 MOA at 800 with it. I have some McCourt stuff I've been waiting to test but my schedule has been insane and the ranges have been crowded as of late so testing has been difficult. Either way the stuff runs flawlessly and I've dumped at least 3K rounds through mine so far.

Anyone tried 155gr Bergers? I have 500 of them I was going to use with my GAP-10(on order)? It seems most of you are running heavier bullets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried 155gr Bergers? I have 500 of them I was going to use with my GAP-10(on order)? It seems most of you are running heavier bullets. </div></div>

The heavier seems to work better in the beyond 700 distances...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried 155gr Bergers? I have 500 of them I was going to use with my GAP-10(on order)? It seems most of you are running heavier bullets. </div></div>

The heavier seems to work better in the beyond 700 distances... </div></div>

Thanks, I'll stock up on 175 SMK's
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone tried 155gr Bergers? I have 500 of them I was going to use with my GAP-10(on order)? It seems most of you are running heavier bullets. </div></div>

The heavier seems to work better in the beyond 700 distances... </div></div>

I agree. Its seems to prefer the 175gr stuff.