• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gap 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor

rmbgreen

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2009
South Carolina
I've ordered a Gap 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 20 inch Bartlein barrel. I will be reloading for the creedmoor using the 140gr hybrid bullet.
Does anyone shoot the Gap 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor? what kind of results have you gotten and what type of bullet and powder do you use?

Gap makes a fine rifle so it must shoot great.

You should be able to use the typical loads for 140 Hybrids. 41-43g of 4350, I’m at 42.7 but you may need to be more OAL conscious. Biggest thing with a gas gun is you don’t want to be anywhere near max pressure. Popping primers sucks. Although I love the Hybrids, I’m switching to ELD-M because they are comparable BC and way cheaper.

Loved my 308 gas gun and was going to grab a 6.5 barrel but a gas gun is not a bolt gun so have reasonable expectations. I expected 1” groups and when I get a 3/4 or a 1/2” group Im glad. But again, don’t expect that to Be the norm like with a bolt gun holding 3/8-1/4”.

Reactions: Henree