• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 10 or GAP re-barrel?

dlxcupid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Commie-fornia
Can't decide on either buying a GAP-10 or have GAP rebarrel my LR-308. I intended on re-barreling my LR308 to shave some weight off so I sold the barrel assembly and now left with a rifle without a barrel. Should I sell the rest of the parts and get a GAP 10 or should I just re-barrel the upper? So many choices! I'm stuck! need advice! Will a complete GAP-10 be any more accurate or lighter? or will I yield the same results by rebarrel? Main purpose will be target shooting inside 800yds and possibly hunting. I was planning on a 18" fluted barrel, is 16" sufficient? Any disadvantages wanting a .750 dia vs .875?

Re: GAP 10 or GAP re-barrel?

16" with first round hits to 800 is no problem.

I would just re-barrel it yourself as there are lots of good barrels to be had out there.

If you decide to part it out I'd be interested in your DDlite handguards...

Go GAP10. You wont regret the purcahse and an 18" fluted barrel with the GAP brake is all you need. I dont really care about how light a gun is or how heavy is that fully rigged. I go to the gym and cope with it.

The GAP10 is the most accurate semi auto 308 I have ever shot, period.

Yes,No,No,Yes,Yes,No,Yes,Yes,No,No,Possibly,No,Yes...