• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gap-10 Scope Ring/mount help

mag1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2012
NJ
I dont know where to ask this, so gonna try here.
Just tried to put a Vortex Razor 5-20 x 50 with vortex 35mm rings on my Gap-10.
The rear of the scope just touches the rail so I cant adjust the magnification.
When I move the scope more posterior, the scope is too far into my face. And the front of the scope is just sligthly touching the rail.
What rings do I need, or maybe just go with a mount?
I dont have the mount that comes with the Gap-10?
Thanks if you guys can help. Gonna look around now.

Last edited:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-rifle-scopes/188120-razor-5-20-mount-rra-lar8.html

read that thread.
both larue and american defense and im sure several others make one piece mounts tall enough for you. You most likely have med or high seekins rings right now that arent meant for an ar platform. you can still use the rings if you use a riser with them but i would recommend the one piece since it will be much more solid and not really that much more than what you paid for those rings.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-rifle-scopes/188120-razor-5-20-mount-rra-lar8.html

read that thread.
both larue and american defense and im sure several others make one piece mounts tall enough for you. You most likely have med or high seekins rings right now that arent meant for an ar platform. you can still use the rings if you use a riser with them but i would recommend the one piece since it will be much more solid and not really that much more than what you paid for those rings.

I have low rings

A riser is the easiest and cheapest fix for you. Either one with MOA built in if you plan on using the rifle to it's max or a flat base which will probably get you out as far as you can as the Razor has alot of internal elevation. I use a riser on my GAP-10 as I use the scopes from my bolt guns on it so i just pull them off the bolt gun and torque it on to the GAP-10.

This is a 56mm objective scope in 1" height Seekins rings.
DSCN1125.jpg

A riser is the easiest and cheapest fix for you. Either one with MOA built in if you plan on using the rifle to it's max or a flat base which will probably get you out as far as you can as the Razor has alot of internal elevation. I use a riser on my GAP-10 as I use the scopes from my bolt guns on it so i just pull them off the bolt gun and torque it on to the GAP-10.

This is a 56mm objective scope in 1" height Seekins rings.
DSCN1125.jpg

Thank you, I agree totally.
I decided to use a quick release on this one.
I like my other AD mounts, so just gonna go with a Recon.
Do I get the Recon 20moa, or just the Recon. I get what your saying about the Razor. I have read so many posts about 20 moa or 0 moa.
Here in NJ, lucky if I can shoot out to 600 yards.
Ranges are 100-200 yards max.