• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10 stuck at mid gas given shortish POF rail?

Re: GAP-10 stuck at mid gas given shortish POF rail?

Is that correct? If so, just one factor/negative to consider if you would prefer a longer barrel with the recoil impulse a rifle gas system would allow.

I guess its not a factor if you want a 16-18" with which you might want a mid gas anyway.

Full disclosure, I have an MWS with 16" and 20" barrels and like that all options are open to me.

I also think the very short rails on the SCARs is "a" negative factor to consider.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonusvi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GAP-10 stuck at mid gas given shortish POF rail? </div></div>

is this what passes for grammar these days? it sounds more like a headline statement than a question. and why not just call and ask GAP?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonusvi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GAP-10 stuck at mid gas given shortish POF rail? </div></div>

is this what passes for grammar these days? it sounds more like a headline statement than a question. and why not just call and ask GAP?
</div></div>

As you read... it turns out that it was both a headline statement and an actual question. Were you an English major in college?

Why don't we shut down the board and just pose all our questions to the manufacturers? Despite the fact that they may or may not answer for a week if at all.

Still waiting for someone who has the answer to chime in.

The GAP-10 barrel length is max at 22" for ordering. You can't order one longer in that configuration.

Shorter is better for this platform anyway, why would you want it any longer, with any AR10 Type rifle, that is just silly, its not what they are for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The GAP-10 barrel length is max at 22" for ordering. You can't order one longer in that configuration.

Shorter is better for this platform anyway, why would you want it any longer, with any AR10 Type rifle, that is just silly, its not what they are for.

</div></div>

Is the 22" a mid gas?

I've been considering ordering one pretty hard, and if I do, it will be a 16". Midlength should be perfect for that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonusvi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The GAP-10 barrel length is max at 22" for ordering. You can't order one longer in that configuration.

</div></div>

Is the 22" a mid gas?</div></div>

read what GAP wrote, they still retain function up to 22" why not call them if you have no clue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonusvi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The GAP-10 barrel length is max at 22" for ordering. You can't order one longer in that configuration.

</div></div>

Is the 22" a mid gas?</div></div>

read what GAP wrote, they still retain function up to 22" why not call them if you have no clue. </div></div>

Got it... not ideal but works. Thanks. I don't have one but sounds like they are great / accurate guns. Id just throw it out of contention if I wanted a semi auto with 20"+. OR... ask for the older non POF version.

Rifle length is not a problem if you don't mind the gas block in front of the guard. Kinda negates the original of a lightweight compact package to shoot 100-1000 it's been done with an 18" without issue????

The guard completely covers the gas system currently.

They build it to order, I'm sure they'd give you the option of a rifle gas and adjustable gas block if you're worried about recoil (longer gas system doesn't mean 100% less felt recoil btw, heavier buffer/spring, muzzle brake, these will reduce felt recoil).

Ken Lin at GAP (posted above) has been VERY good at getting back to me, usually the same day. And he's been putting up with A LOT of my questions lately. Other makers might take a week, but I've not seen that with GAP.

And they do make to order. I've been asking about having them put on an adjustable gas block and they say they can do it. So if you want something different, just ask them and they probably can.

I have talked to Ken several times and he always asnwered my questions. As a matter of fact, I ordered one today from Ken. 18", Titan break, fluted and a CTS stock
grin.gif
. Now just waiting...
I'll bet they will answer your questions if you call them but if you have no intention of buying or are not in the market, they would probably prfer to not have their time wasted.

Ken, Thanks for chiming in to answer the question. I was under the apparently wrong impression that a significant amount of tube would be exposed with a gas block in the rifle position and not just the block itself.

New info : I worked it out today that there will be a rifle length option will be a few months but I will be getting handguards that are 2.5" longer for use with a rifle length Tube. I still believe the 18-20" is the way to go and Mid length is a better solution for that. switchable gasblock option by shot show 2012.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New info : I worked it out today that there will be a rifle length option will be a few months but I will be getting handguards that are 2.5" longer for use with a rifle length Tube. I still believe the 18-20" is the way to go and Mid length is a better solution for that. switchable gasblock option by shot show 2012. </div></div>

Great news.