• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10 with Hogan handguard

captnmo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2008
Fort Lewis, WA
Hey all, I just received my new GAP-10 upper with the Noveske switch block and muzzle brake to adapt to my Surefire 762K suppressor. It was originally going to be an 8-10 month wait but turned into 15 months due to hand guards and other parts. Turns out they've switched to Hogan hand guards. Any pros and cons to this? It just caught me off guard a bit because the original upper from them was outfitted with the POF brand. I'm sure it'll perform just as good as my last one. This one has the solid bottom-half where it rests on your hand so I don't know how much weight that adds. It's a smoother feel but I haven't shot it yet. Is this they way they're going now? Maybe someone from GAP can chime in.

They've been doing them that way for awhile. For most of this year a believe. The upper and lower receivers are manufactured by Hogan as well.

Correct. POF has been outsourcing their uppers, lowers, and handguards for many years. There was some turmoil between the two companies, so Hogan decided to sell their own products. POF has patents in their rail, so Hogan (and the new GAP style handguard) are manufactured by Hogan and marked accordingly. The original GAP 10s were marked POF on the lowers from what I recall, new are marked GAP.

Since last year May order, they switching to new handguard

Correct. POF has been outsourcing their uppers, lowers, and handguards for many years. There was some turmoil between the two companies, so Hogan decided to sell their own products. POF has patents in their rail, so Hogan (and the new GAP style handguard) are manufactured by Hogan and marked accordingly. The original GAP 10s were marked POF on the lowers from what I recall, new are marked GAP.

The lowers were marked GAP from the beginning Kirk.

Morgan... George came on here awhile back about the change in handguard style to add features people were looking for and remove some that people felt weren't a benefit.

GAP-10 with Hogan handguard

Cool. Thanks guys. I knew you would probably know more than me. I've been busy with other stuff since I made the order last year and haven't been tracking all the changes. It's nice to have my GAP-10 up in one piece and with a suppressor to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: