• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing GAP 270 wsm and a Kansas Whitetail

AIS

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2010
SWK
100_0057-1-1.jpg

100_0049.jpg

100_0057.jpg

Took this whitetail opening morning, with my GAP Built 270 wsm. Shot was 437 yds, and used the 140 gr accubond. Hate to tag out the first morning but can't ever let one of these guys walk!

Re: GAP 270 wsm and a Kansas Whitetail

Awesome Whitetail and an even better rifle!
Can we get some specs?

That is a great looking, mature buck. Congratulations. Like the gun too.

good looking deer and rifle. What was the color combo on that stock? I really like it.

K. here are some specs for the rifle.

Rem SA and trigger
Badger Bolt knob, Lug, bottom metal, and med rings.
Bartlein 1-10 twist varmit contour fluted barrel finished @ 24"
McMillan HTG Stock: 50% tan 25% olive 25% dark tan
Scope: Leupold VX3 4.5-14mm LR, 30mm tube, Varmint Hunters Ret.

I really like the way the gun turned out. I went to the shop while they were working on it and thought i made a really bad choice on the color of the stock. But when they put it together it looked awsome! Got a badger 0 cant scope base and std rings to put on it, the med rings are a touch high for me. Will have them coated tan and then she will be done. Took her to Wyoming in oct and got a 6x6 bull elk with her and some barnes 140 gr TSX hand loads. Not many 270 wsm out there but it shoots pretty darn flat and for deer size game i think its going to be a hammer!! But Building something little bigger for them Elk! (man they can take a hit)

Very nice buck and your gun is awesome!

I wouldnt have let him walk either. That's a nice buck. No that your tagged out and the pressure is off, go chase some coyotes with that new rifle.

sweet on both deals...jealous is the word! great job...

Nice deer you got there and good shooting!

Real nice buck and great looking rifle, dig the 270 WSM. Throw a 165gr Matrix bullet on it and it really thumps elk, an elk won't hold a 165 very well!!!

You made the right decision bro, i wouldn't have let him walk either

Sweet gun and great buck. Congrats!!

Thx everyone on the comps of the deer and gun!! I think hes a fine beast and im a little more proud of him than the 27 pt i got last year! (hes crazy)
Bigngreen thx for the info on the matrix bullets. will look into them. Building a 7mm right now so i can have a wider selection of bullets, but the 270 wsm is one fast flat nasty bastard and will use it for flatter county game. going a touch lighter build to carry in the mts.
Toolshed we do have some fine game out here! what zip u come from? He ended up with a gross score of 168 7/8. Not to shabby, we had a couple shot bigger than him in this county this year, but just a couple.... man when does the season start over!!!

great shot,post the pic's of last year's too!

did you age that bruiser??? i'll be willin to bet he was goin down hill... very nice buck by the way!!!