• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 300 PRC

drifter308

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2014
I had GA Precision build me a 300 PRC. I took it to the range on Saturday to break in the barrel with factory 225 ELDM. I was shooting and cleaning then on about the 14th round the rifle didn't go bang when I pulled the trigger. I thought the firing pin might have had a light strike. I lifted the bolt and as soon as I did this the gun went off. I have never had this happen before. It has a 2 stage Trigger Tech trigger. It came set at about 1.5 pounds for the overall pull. Out of 26 shots it happened 6 times. I called them and they want the gun back to investigate and repair. They were quick to call me back today as I called Eric while I was at the range on Saturday. I know they will fix it, just not cool on a gun I waited on for so long. It is beautiful. It has the ACC chassis with folder in Storm Tropper White with the barreled action being black. Now it it will shot safely and small groups I will be happy. Just wanted to share my expiernce so far with this issue.

Reactions: Milf Dots
shock...a TT had a hangfire

/sarcasm

Reactions: spife7980
shock...a TT had a hangfire

/sarcasm

Yes, it was not a fun experience. Hopefully it will be corrected soon. They called me yesterday and are sending me a return label.

My money is on the TriggerTech trigger causing the issues, and no fault on GAP's part.

Last edited:
I got a call from George. He requested I pour lighter fluid through and blow it out with compressed air and try it again before sending it back. I will test it on Saturday. However I believe it will still be an issue, hopefully not.

Can you show a picture with the bolt removed so we can see how high the override sear sits up in the raceway in relation to the cocking piece on the bolt.
The cocking piece may be binding on the override sear and when you open the bolt there was enough clearance for the firing pin to fall.

i'm currently traveling and won't be able to take a picture. I will check that though. Thanks

i'm currently traveling and won't be able to take a picture. I will check that though. Thanks
The lighter fluid seemed to do the trick. I shot 25 more rounds and no problems. For 3 shot groups with factory 225"s it's about 1 MOA. I called and asked about the accuracy and they stated that for the guarantee the recoil lug has to be bedded. I wish they would have told me that at the start. Now I have to send it back to get that done. Oh well what another month after waiting 9? Plus having to ship it through an FFL. I just want it right. They have been nice the whole time. They do have good customer service and the riffles is smooth.

I am used the the waits as I had to wait for my ATX and my other customs. However they only took 6 months LOL. I just dropped it off at my FFL and it was not cheap to insure and send. I miss just goinng to FedEx or UPS and just mailing iit. Not these days.