• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP .308 built with a Surgeon action in an MCS GAT

Nom de Guerre

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2007
West of the Hudson
It took just shy of a year, but I am very happy with the build. I was in Kansas City last year working on a project, and I stopped in to visit the shop, and met George and his crew.

A good friend of mine, M.45 here on the 'Hide, has a sweet .308 GAP that I have shot on a few occasions, and ever since that first squeeze of the trigger I have wanted to order one for myself.

Well, I received it this past week, and I broke it in this past Friday, following George's recommended procedure.

Here are the specs:
.308 Win
Surgeon Model 591
KMW Bolt Handle
Jewell Trigger
Bartlein 1-11 Twist #7 Contour, 22" fluted barrel
MCS GAT stock in Coyote Tan.
Badger Detachable Mag system
Action and barrel finished in Tan Cerakote matching the stock color

Here are the pics:

487873667_kxAdS-L.jpg

NightForce 5.5 - 22X temporarily mounted while I await a USO 3.2 - 17X with Seekins rings that I bought from KJDrake.
487873820_mhp7e-L.jpg

487874385_h6gpu-L.jpg

487874055_c4Z5f-L.jpg

487873453_Pv54R-L.jpg

487874221_rLZmV-L.jpg

The first 5 round group @ 100 yds. 9/16" CTC
grin.gif

** you'll have to take my word for it, I just read a thread about new group shot postings, and since my pic doesn't meet the new criteria, I didn't want to have this thread deleted for that.

Re: GAP .308 built with a Surgeon action in an MCS GAT

Looks good. Looks like you were at ASR?

Monochrome paint! We should meet up at ASR sometime.

Im going thursday, If my Mgrees stock is here!

very nice. im liking that color!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice looking rifle. </div></div>

+1

Re: GAP .308 built with a Surgeon action in an MCS

I was lucky enough to shoot this rifle the other day. It was beautifully done with a surgeon action and bartlien bbl. The color is perfect for socal and the stock is very light yet solid feeling. I was surprised to find that the fixed cheek piece fit me very well. I look forward to seeing Nom's new USO on it!

Hey that was the Angeles Shooting range, right?

I'm going this Wednesday 3/11, want to shoot?

Thanks guys, I'm pretty pleased with it.

ERdept, yes, that was Angeles.

Adam B., YAOG, ERdept and M.45, I am going either Wed or Thurs, depending on when my USO scope arrives. I'll post here when I know what day I'm going.

.257, I do like this thumbhole stock very much. One of the reasons I chose it is that my other .308 is in an AICS 2.0 stock, and I love the grip of that stock. When I visited GAP, I was shown a rifle of George's that was built with that stock (which was a joint development between GAP and MCS, I believe), and I LOVED the feel of it when I checked it out. It's light, strong, the cheek weld fit perfectly, and I liked the feel of this grip even better than my AICS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nom de Guerre</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I liked the feel of this grip even better than my AICS.

</div></div>

Are you saying the square "2x4" grip of the AICS could be improved?? Blasphemy!

Cool. Im off both days and want to walk my target out to the 200 yard line.

BTW, Thursday is the Police training day. Every Thurs they close down after 1200 hours for the PD to train.

Then, folks are limited to the shorter steel spinner area.

I learned that the hard way after driving for 2 hours through traffic.

Congratulations, you made me envious.

Just received the USO today. Thank you KJ! I'm looking forward to hitting the range to zero this scope, and it looks like I may get a window of opportunity to go to ASR tomorrow in the early afternoon (maybe right around noon). Anyone want to go?

489103411_Raoj8-L.jpg

489103980_3D2U9-L.jpg

489104170_HAVfe-L.jpg