• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP .308 custom build range report

xarmor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2008
Austin, Tx
Bought the rifle, scope and rings here on the hide. Rifle was built by Eric Reid. Rifle shoots way better than me. Trigger is the lightest trigger I have ever used, set up beautifully. Ammo used was factory Federal Gold Match. 1st target was zeroing the S&B. Used Lowlights feeler gauge method to mount scope. 2nd target was 300 yards. I know 300 yd is not that great, nothing a little practice won't help I guess. Fired all the rounds one after the other off a sandbag. Not sure what happend with the flyer on the top!! I need to pickup a bipod for this one.

Specs are: (taken from for sale page)

GAP .308 built by Eric Reid formerly of G.A. Precision and now a contract armorer for the Marine Corps aka Fireplug
-Remington 700 Action
-Rock Creek Barrel 1-11.27 twist 5r 26"
-Badger Heavy Recoil Lug
-Badger M4 Floorplate
-Jewel Trigger
-McMillan M40a1 stock filled solid (stock is black under the Kylon)
-S&B 3x12 Military Scope
-Badger 30 MOA Base
-Badger Rings

100_1757_edited-1.jpg

zk3jtv-1-1.jpg

100_1759-1.jpg

100_1760-1.jpg

Re: GAP .308 custom build range report

Nice job! Id call the high one at 300 a head shot! It looks like your GTG.

Ive also got a GAP fireplug .308 on a surgeon that shoots lights out! Have fun with that bad boy!!!

Re: GAP .308 custom build range report

You definitely have one hell of a rifle, now you just need to go use it more. Good job!