• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Builder Symbol Guide...

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
(Sorry if this has been asked before, I know this info is somewhere on this site but after searching I still can't find it!)

George, can you give us a rundown of what which builder is using which colored dot stickers? and what are each of your symbols?

Thanks,

Michael
-a very happy GAP Customer.

Re: GAP Colored dot stickers...

Pictures of each symbol would be great too, I know my badger just returned with something that looks like a dog bone. I guess it could also be the "nutsack" I've see referenced for Nick.

GAPbuilder.jpg

i think the dot sticker came on the mcmillan , not the builder.could be wrong .........

George- Arrow
Eric- Fire Plug
Flounder(Jeff Hayes)- Fish
Moon(Tim Roberts)-Crescent Moon
Ray Lawler - Uterus (suposed to be a bulls head)
Nick Pointer(styx) - Nut Sack (well thats what it looks like)

Luke, Earnie and Joe dont have stamps as they bed and finish only.

Mine has a red dot and a cross symbol (I think?) Bought it about a year and half ago.

Gap_stickercopy.jpg

I took this picture when I bought it, then removed the red sticker from the stock without understanding the significance of it. You can barely see the red edge but it's there.

ets- my notes say "Roach" Tim Ferrell built it - though I thought it was the guy from Nesika Lake. Not sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pictures of each symbol would be great too, I know my badger just returned with something that looks like a dog bone. I guess it could also be the "nutsack" I've see referenced for Nick.

GAPbuilder.jpg
</div></div>

Thats Matt Hoch. Been on since July (Came here from Nesika/Dakota Arms)

Here are all the stamps.

355892478.jpg

The Three below the line are alumni. Eric Reid, Tim (Roach) Ferell, and Chris Mathews

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the phallic one to the lower right of the arrow? </div></div>

Thats Nick Pointer "Nuttsack"

Its a Too Scale reproduction of Mike Rogans Pecker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Stickers are there from McMillan, they are Dick Davis's QC inspection stickers. </div></div>

BIg thanks for clearing that up and posting the symbols George!

cool.gif

Good stuff there now edit so we can have the correct version saved for life!!

What is this "Earn Tillis" bullshit
smile.gif
I guess there is a little comedian in everyone.

I see a few mispellings "Earn" should be "Ern" and "Stokesbury" should be "Stokesberry".

Ern

there are two "t"'s in Matthews

Re: GAP Symbols...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put the "Ern Tillis" back thats his GA Nickname whether he likes it or not. </div></div>

Here we are:

GAP_symbols2.jpg

Some of the dot stickers are our GA inspection stickers. If they are on the bottom of the grip then the guys at McMillan put them on. I have been putting them in front of the bottom metal or between the swivel studs. If it has a K on it its mine. If its f'ed up it was Ern. ;P

Hey, has anyone heard from Tim Ferell? I know he moved on but does anyone know what he's doing now and how he's doing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the phallic one to the lower right of the arrow? </div></div>

Thats Nick Pointer "Nuttsack"

Its a Too Scale reproduction of Mike Rogans Pecker. </div></div>

LOL

Moon built mine and it fucking shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fng23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is this "Earn Tillis" bullshit
smile.gif
I guess there is a little comedian in everyone.

I see a few mispellings "Earn" should be "Ern" and "Stokesbury" should be "Stokesberry".

Ern </div></div>

You wasted post 223 on this?
J/K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armada</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, has anyone heard from Tim Ferell? I know he moved on but does anyone know what he's doing now and how he's doing?
</div></div>

We talk to him all the time. He is going to school to be a Physical Theripist. He is also working for Horizen Machine making the Badger Actions and Rings and Bases.

Glad to hear he's doing well. He called me last year to thank mne for the repair stand and parts he needed. I forgot/lost his number. Been wondering how he's been and wife as well. Thanks George.

well i just picked up the SH #11 rifle and after inspection i found Eric Reid" mark on the BBl Damn this thing is nice i cant wait for my crusader that should almst be done

ill have to see who built it when it gets here

Re: GAP Symbols...& Stickers

I Just recieved an M40A3 from GAP, my very first venture into really custom rifles, I was amazed totally Amazed that I was able to shoot < .5 inch groups with it before the subtraction of .308.

My rifle had a arrow on it, red sticker, and white sticker....

but it also had a lipton tea bag sticker on the check rest... what does that mean.

I'll have to take a peek again, but when I checked originally, I couldn't find a builder's symbol. Are *ALL* GAP rifles so stamped?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr_hurricane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I Just recieved an M40A3 from GAP, my very first venture into really custom rifles, I was amazed totally Amazed that I was able to shoot < .5 inch groups with it before the subtraction of .308.

My rifle had a arrow on it, red sticker, and white sticker....

but it also had a lipton tea bag sticker on the check rest... what does that mean.
</div></div>

It means Todd had a spot of tea after he painted it.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr_hurricane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think maybe very early GAP rifles might have not maybe. what year was it built?</div></div>

Presumably this year; I just got it a few weeks ago, but amazingly it was one they had in stock...

My 3 are all stamped...Reid, Stokesberry, Roberts. All 3 shoot lights out!!

Dont ask...Im not parting with any of them!!!!