• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Camo on a AI 1.5 Stock?

Pusher591

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 18, 2009
    Gaston County
    Guys, thinking about having a build done by GA Precision for a CRUSADER 18.5" barrel and substitute the stock for a AI 1.5. Was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to have the AI stocks done in GAP camo? If so my money will be spent very soon.

Re: GAP Camo on a AI 1.5 Stock?

Sure. You can have the skins painted any way you like. I'm sure there are many people out there able to duplicate the look of the gap camo.

Search around the picture section and you will find many AI skins painted in a variety of camo patterns.

...or why not pick up a pair of old ones S/H and give it a go yourself?

Here's a pair of scratched up old black ones I did using Krylon last winter....it's easy, fun and a great way to avoid all the Jackson crap on the TV at the monent!

AIAW6.jpg

That looks pretty good. I wouldn't mine do it myself but I have never slung any paint so I dont want to F it up. I would also prefer the large blotches instead of the tiger stripe style.

Cheers.

It's not a difficult process using Krylon and there's plenty of info on the Hide as to how to do it. The thing I liked is that it is really easy to clean off (using white spirit or similar) and start again. This was my second attempt on these skins....I'd never done it before then.

Just plan ahead, take your time and it's fine

Try 30calsniper on here his GAP camo is great looking. He is the paint man for gap and manners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Will Cocke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try 30calsniper on here his GAP camo is great looking. He is the paint man for gap and manners. </div></div>

+1 HE IS THE BEST!!!!!

BarsaBoy, Nice paint and great looking rifle, scope...what cal?

Thanks PGS. Spec is

AI AW in .308 with 26" Border heavy target barrel (stainless/fluted)
    AI Standard brake
    AI 28' one piece mount
    S&B 3-12x50 PMII with Double Turn Elevation turret
    AI Bipod (at time of pic, now and Atlas)