• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Crusader 308 Chamber/Reamer Q

Wildwillalaska

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Anyone with a 308 Crusader willing to share their COAL and Ogive for a particular projectile?

Just picked up a Crusader with under 40 rounds fired. Doing my typical look over shakedown, I was measuring COAL and ogive to load up a few fun/fouling rounds and begin working a load when I noticed the chamber seemed shorter than other 308 GAP's I have/had.

The COAL and ogive for 178 Amax I came up with was 2.790" COAL and 2.090 ogive. Didn't have any loose 175 SMK's to try but looking at some M118LR and FGMM I Haden hand, both seem a bit longer giving a bit of jam if similar to the Amax in ogive.

On my other 308's with same 178 Amax I had a FN action build that was long at 2.875", a Remington action build I still have with 2.846" and then my Surgeon action build with 2.840", all significantly longer than the Crusader at 2.790".

Not worried about it, will just work a load as I have in the past, but it has me curious if the Crusader as a model has a chamber more for factory ammo, or maybe just this one. I know my other sticks are not chasing lands or the like--at least wouldn't think so, all have less than 1000 rounds through them. Just one of those quirky questions that will itch my brain.

Thanks for any input.

Will

My HRT rifle is the same way. I was annoyed by it at first, then realized that it translates in to more rounds touching the lands for longer.