• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Crusader question

Autoguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
49th state (Alaska)
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Do all Crusaders have the signiture Crusader sword on the barrel?</span></span> sorry about the miss-spelling

Re: GAP Cresader question

i just received my gap crusader the other day, and the crusader markings are not on the barrell, does anyone know anything about this??..Every one I've seen has had the sword proof mark...

Did you hear back?

If you got it directly from GAP I wouldnt worry about it

Ya I bought it from GAP . I payed big bucks for a Crusader with a threaded BBL w/thread protector and Jewell trigger....when it showed up it had a MB installed
cool.gif
My first thought was "I didnt order a MB but maybe they subbed it in place of the thread protector...NOPE the TP was wrapped up in a piece of bubble wrap as well...After compairing it to a friends Crusader I noticed it did not have the "Crusader sword proof mark" on the barrel...It really didnt bother me much until it was pointed out to me that IF I were to ever sell it I would be hard pressed to prove it was indeed a Crusader...

I'm also starting to wonder it I received someone elses rifle
confused.gif

Fast forward to today I talked to GAP and they told me the <span style="font-weight: bold">work order </span>did NOT match the <span style="font-weight: bold">order form </span> and to send it back for correction. Thanks for the replys ...JW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeRe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many rounds you put through it? May be a keeper anyway. Serial # on paperwork with rifle match? </div></div>

No tellin how it shoots, I just started the break in, I have a whole 5rds through it.

On one hand I really dont want to send it back but I do what the rifle I paid for. The S/N on the invoice and rifle match , but the specs dont. I'm sure in the end GAP will come through.

I was about to order a second GAP but want to get this one cleaned up first....JW

I am sure no one else is going to get it as it is Auto's serial numbered action. They will take it back and put it to the specs he wanted and send it back to him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sure no one else is going to get it as it is Auto's serial numbered action. They will take it back and put it to the specs he wanted and send it back to him. </div></div>

Thats it buddy!!!. This ones mine regardless. I finished the BBL break in today , Thank GOD , my right arm is now twice the size off my left from all the patchin, she now has 55rnds down the tube. The two last 5 shot groups of the day in a 3" shootNsee @ 100 yrds looked like a figure 8, the top hole being just above and to the left of the bottom ,<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"> but touching</span></span>...I'm begining to have second thoughts on sending it back.....JW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Autoguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sure no one else is going to get it as it is Auto's serial numbered action. They will take it back and put it to the specs he wanted and send it back to him. </div></div>

Thats it buddy!!!. This ones mine regardless. I finished the BBL break in today , Thank GOD , my right arm is now twice the size off my left from all the patchin, she now has 55rnds down the tube. The two last 5 shot groups of the day in a 3" shootNsee @ 100 yrds looked like a figure 8, the top hole being just above and to the left of the bottom ,<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"> but touching</span></span>...I'm begining to have second thoughts on sending it back.....JW </div></div>

Wait a minute ...... GAP told you that the rifle didnt meet the build sheet and to send it back, but you continued to shoot it and now you arent sure if you are going to send it back or not?

At this point if I was GAP Id tell you to keep the rifle and its yours, reguardless, and that I would offer to build you one to your specs given you paid of r another rifle.

Do you really expect a company to take back something that you ordered, recieved but it was wrong and you used it regardless?

That’s why GAP builds rifles and you don’t...
laugh.gif

Now understand , with out the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">WORK </span></span>order in my hand I really don’t know what they <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">did or did </span></span>not complete... With that said, If you would've read the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">original</span></span> question you would see that ALL I'm aware of is the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"PROOF MARK"</span></span> and that it was shipped with a MB installed instead of a thread protector. Maybe they didn’t have one , who knows...So why not shoot it?..
I see it like this....say you order a car, PAY for it, drive it off the lot and discover some things missing from the order, do you not give the dealer the opportunity to correct the mistake by giving you everything you ordered and paid for?.

As for my having second thoughts on sending it back, I say this because it seems to shoot fairly well so far and I'm not sure the Proof mark is really worth the risk of letting UPS possibly damaging it in transit.. I’m not in the lower 48 country or down the street from them , I’m in Alaska., roughly a 6k mile round trip

Lastly ,
I would like to think a company any company that accepts my or your $$$ for a product they should make every attempt to send what I/you ordered..However mistakes do happen, but I have every confidence that GAP will come through , make it right as they said they would , After all there was only “as far as I know” one, easily fixed minor error made....JW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Autoguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That’s why GAP builds rifles and you don’t...
laugh.gif

Now understand , with out the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">WORK </span></span>order in my hand I really don’t know what they <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">did or did </span></span>not complete... With that said, If you would've read the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">original</span></span> question you would see that ALL I'm aware of is the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"PROOF MARK"</span></span> and that it was shipped with a MB installed instead of a thread protector. Maybe they didn’t have one , who knows...So why not shoot it?..
I see it like this....say you order a car, PAY for it, drive it off the lot and discover some things missing from the order, do you not give the dealer the opportunity to correct the mistake by giving you everything you ordered and paid for?.

As for my having second thoughts on sending it back, I say this because it seems to shoot fairly well so far and I'm not sure the Proof mark is really worth the risk of letting UPS possibly damaging it in transit.. I’m not in the lower 48 country or down the street from them , I’m in Alaska., roughly a 6k mile round trip

Lastly ,
I would like to think a company any company that accepts my or your $$$ for a product they should make every attempt to send what I/you ordered..However mistakes do happen, but I have every confidence that GAP will come through , make it right as they said they would , After all there was only “as far as I know” one, easily fixed minor error made....JW
</div></div>

Wait a minute, you dont remember what you ordered?

You contacted the maker, the maker says "send it back", yet you continue to shoot it.

Had I bought a car and paid for things that werent there I would call the dealership I purchased it from and ask for their recommendation as to what to do in the situation. If the dealership told me to keep driving it then that is what I would do. In this case the builder said "send it back" but you failed to follow their recommendation.

When you were told to send it back did you ask about the crusader roll mark on the barrel? If so what did they say at that point in time. I really think that people are too quick to ask things on the internet and not go directly back to where their product came from if they have a question about it. From what I understand GAP is a hell of a company to deal with and that they would get things straightened out quickly.

You asked for a threaded barrel with a thread protector, you received a muzzle break times and installed along with the thread protector. I could see them using the muzzle break to check the timing on the threads but removing it afterwards, but they forgot to remove it prior to shipping.

But this thread isnt about the brake, but rather if the Crusader roll mark is a standard feature to designate it as a Crusader rifle. If all the specs of a Crusader rifle are not there is it really a Crusader, or simply a rifle that looks like a Crusader but not completely spec to a Crusader build.

What part of the above dont you understand?
smile.gif

I ordered a Crusader with a Templar Short action , threaded bbl with thread protector and jewell trigger set to 2lbs.

Per Gap I received a Crusader less "<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">for whatever reason</span></span>" the proof mark. They are now "as we speak" sending me a UPS return label so I can send it back for correction "adding the proof mark" as it should be...I’d also add, At NO time did they say DON'T Shoot it and send it back right away.

Now just to so you understand , AS best I can tell this is the only error that needs correcting , but "again I say " without the work order along with my invoice in hand I cant 100% confirm this . IE they match.

Bottom line Gap is correcting it and I'm please with their efforts to do so. If it turns out to be anything other then a Crusader I'm sure gap will correct it as well. I’m sure they know what the specs should be....

BTW the rifle I received does look to be the same, same as the Crusader a friend of mine owns...LESS the PM of course...
cool.gif
...Oh mine is waaaaaay better in every way then his....in case your reading this Bob , I'm just kiddin ...JW

The fixes are simple and it will be fixed!! PERIOD

GAP will make it the way you ordered it and you will be shooting a bitching rifle end of story!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fixes are simple and it will be fixed!! PERIOD

GAP will make it the way you ordered it and you will be shooting a bitching rifle end of story! </div></div>

10-4 I never had any dought they wouldn't....JW