• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report GAP Crusader/Range Report

Kasumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
New York, USA
templar003.jpg

Got a new Crusader from GA Precision a few months back, following Lowlights article on scope mounting I mounted a Mark 4, 4.5-14x-50mm on with no trouble. I aligned the scope by sighting thru the bore and headed off to the range.

First shot was 6 inches high and 1.5 inches to the right. I made an adjustment and fired the second round, 1.5in High & 1in Right.
What an amazing job Ray did making this rifle, the Templar action made at Phoenix Machine is very smooth. Smoother than the 12 year old Irish Whiskey I had later that day.

OK time to shoot three rounds of 168gr FGMM, I’m dying to see a group; I apologize to all for a wimpy three round group. First three end up to the right of target 1 groups at .350” I make an adjustment and shoot another three at target 1, same results a .350in group centered in the orange sticky, I move on to target 2 shoot three rounds and no surprise, a .350in group. At this point I am a happy man except for the fact there are four big dudes standing behind me all wanting to try the Crusader;

Target dots 3,4,5 were one round fired by different shooters; Jim, Doug and Geoff. Notice they are virtually the same exact shot? You could overlap them and get a .25 group from three shooters. The fourth guy (Ed) shot without a rear bag and his shot ended up low at 6 o’clock on target 3.

I don’t know what else to say except the guys at GA Precision build an incredible rifle. I look forward to the next 1000 rounds, I’ll keep you all informed. I look forward to the Odessa
F-Class Matches coming up this year and reconnecting with all the good people that host and attend those matches.

Thanks to George, Tracy and Ray at GAP for all involved in getting me the Crusader.
templar004.jpg

Re: GAP Crusader/Range Report

I was there and had the honor of taking a turn with the Crusader. What a beautiful machine ! Thanks, Kasumi.

Looks great, can't wait for my GAP rifle to be finished.

Busted by Nate Haler; crap.......what's the fine for 3 round groups?

Your Honor sir, if you let me off this time I promise only to post 5, 5rd groups or the 1 round per dot target from this day forward.

Very nice rifle. That, right there, is all anyone needs to enter a match and do very, very well indeed.

man i love that rifle. Someday im gonna get one!