• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

gap crusader

terrygood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
Atlantic city NJ
Does the stock McMillan a5 on the Gap Crusader need a cheek piece? I am getting mixed reviews, so ant input will be appreciated.

Re: gap crusader

Depends on your face and how high you plan on mounting the scope. Most with a stock pack don't need anything adjustable on the A series stocks but some might.

I have a PH 3-15 w/ seekins .97" rings (high) and need about a .5" rise on the cheekpad to get a good weld. I could have gone with the low rings in hindsight, but I don't think .05" would have really wound up making any difference and I wanted a little extra space between the rail and scope for tools (level, ACI, etc)

That puts the center of your scope tube .82" above the rail, or .15" below mine. If you're a fatty or have big cheeks (and a fat ass) you might be OK. If you're thin, and we all have different facial profiles, then I'd say that is within the margin of error for either needing or not needing a cheek pad.

Your call.

I felt like I needed something with mine. Added a stock pack and it is just about perfect. My scope has a 30mm tube and a 50mm Objective.

Joe

CRC500yrdRifleonbenchs.jpg