• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gap in between Steiner SCOPE and Carbon Fiber Free Float Tube DPMS 308

cerralvo78

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2013
Houston texas
I got a DPMS 308 24" with the Carbon Fiber Free Float Tube....
I bought a slighthly use steiner scope 5-25x56 with 34mm TPS rings, either low 1.025" or medium 1.185":confused:

My question is if the gap in between the bottom of the scope and top of the tube it is ok? or a need more clearence?:confused:

I also measure the gap and it was in between .008" and .010"

im shooting 168 SMK and 175 SMK

THANKS photo (6).JPG

I've had a couple Nightforces on bolt action guns that were that close and had no issues. My $0.02.

As long as it don't touch you will be just fine. I have a 56mm bell and the BC cap actually does just barely touch the barrel. If the bell itself touches then I would be very worried cause if you were to tighten it down then you would bend the scope tube. I actually had to file the cap ring down, it makes no difference it still shoots 1/4" groups