• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gap (Mcmillan stock painting)

trpr154

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2009
KS
I talked with GAP today about painting a Mcmillan stock for me. They were glad to do it, and the price seemed reasonalble. I forgot to ask them about their painting process.

I know a lot of folks here on the Hide have GAP painted stocks/rifles.

1. How well are they holding up?
2. What coating/paint do they use?
3. Permanent, durable, or rubs off with use?
4. If you ever wanted to remove the paint, back to original, could you?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

(My choice may look familiar)

McmillanStock.jpg

Re: Gap (Mcmillan stock painting)

I dont have one of their painted stocks, but if they used Duracoat and finished it off with Duracoat matt clear, it should last a long long time (as long as you let it cure for 3 weeks)

Are they excepting paint jobs? They posted something recently that they were only doing bolt knobs and barrel threading until August, so they could catch up.

Finish work Camo is done By Todd (30calSniper) in our Shop. It funtions seperatly (finishing) than the reast of the guys so finish work is still being accepted.

I talked with Kerry (unsure of the spelling) today. He gave me the heads up on the paint. It's permanent, durable, and should hold up well.

I will be sending a stock in shortly.

Thanks