• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

GAP Rifle Smiths

mosquitoshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
Question, it seems that everybody on this site who gets a gun from GA Precision says something like "George built me an XYZ gun". Does George actually build the guns or are they referring to GA Precision as a whole? With that, my question is, i just ordered my gun with Ken and assume one of George's smiths will build it. Am i missing something? If i am dropping 5k on a rifle, should I be "requesting" a smith? Which i know GAP will allow you to do. If so, i am curious if there are any differences from smith to smith that work at GA Precision. Or, if they are all good. I would imagine if its a GAP, it will be good to go.

Question, it seems that everybody on this site who gets a gun from GA Precision says something like "George built me an XYZ gun". Does George actually build the guns or are they referring to GA Precision as a whole? With that, my question is, i just ordered my gun with Ken and assume one of George's smiths will build it. Am i missing something? If i am dropping 5k on a rifle, should I be "requesting" a smith? Which i know GAP will allow you to do. If so, i am curious if there are any differences from smith to smith that work at GA Precision. Or, if they are all good. I would imagine if its a GAP, it will be good to go.

It will be a laser.

LOL

They are all Great Smiths or they would not work here!!!

7 guys Machine/True Actions/Chamber Barrels at G.A. Precision

Not in any specific order

1 - George Gardner 25+ Years Exp
2 - Bill Tompkins 35+ years Exp
3 - Logan Schmit 5+ years Exp
4 - Francis Kuehl 15+ years Exp
5 - Matt Hoch 15+ years Exp
6 - Ray Lawler 25+ years Exp
7 - Josh Mann (Gap-10) 5 + years Exp

Have 6 Guys Bedding all with tons of experience with both rifles and Bedding

Lionel runs the Paint/Finish Shop

Mark Hall My Production/Shop Manager, Retired a Master Sargent from the USMC as a 2112, He ran the Sniper/Rifle Section at PWS Quantico for a # of years and runs a tight ship.

Shannon, Tracey, Kenny and Dustin run the office and keep the sails full of wind!!

Im really happy with my crew!!!!!

George

I've heard the rifles that Ken builds are the bestest of all!

LOL

They are all Great Smiths or they would not work here!!!

7 guys Machine/True Actions/Chamber Barrels at G.A. Precision

Not in any specific order

1 - George Gardner 25+ Years Exp
2 - Bill Tompkins 35+ years Exp
3 - Logan Schmit 5+ years Exp
4 - Francis Kuehl 15+ years Exp
5 - Matt Hoch 15+ years Exp
6 - Ray Lawler 25+ years Exp
7 - Josh Mann (Gap-10) 5 + years Exp

Have 6 Guys Bedding all with tons of experience with both rifles and Bedding

Lionel runs the Paint/Finish Shop

Mark Hall My Production/Shop Manager, Retired a Master Sargent from the USMC as a 2112, He ran the Sniper/Rifle Section at PWS Quantico for a # of years and runs a tight ship.

Shannon, Tracey, Kenny and Dustin run the office and keep the sails full of wind!!

Im really happy with my crew!!!!!

George

Thanks George. I have a lot of rifles but this one I am especially excited about. I look forward to getting it!!

Does no matter who builds it there. They are all great.

My favorite is my George built TIS rifle because it has more rounds through it than I can count and still shoots every ammo into small groups. But I have this Moon built F TR Rifle that has more than one Gold Medal won from it. I just put a new barrel on that one after 4500 rounds of 155s at 3100 fps. Sure was nice getting two exact same barrels when I had work done.