• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin 901 with poor LRF & Kestrel??

awpk03s

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2017
Ohio
This might be a dumb question and I apologize, but looking for a sanity check before I spend any money on a Foretrex 901.

I’ve read a lot about Garmin and what LRF and what Kestrel can pair and how it has to be AB models, etc.

What if I don’t have an AB LRF or Elite Kestrel, and just have basic models?

Can I use these devices and manually input the range and wind values? Am I only missing out on the ability to have those values automatically sent/paired?

I would believe this to be true but want to confirm. Thanks.

This might be a dumb question and I apologize, but looking for a sanity check before I spend any money on a Foretrex 901.

I’ve read a lot about Garmin and what LRF and what Kestrel can pair and how it has to be AB models, etc.

Can I use these devices and manually input the range and wind values? Am I only missing out on the ability to have those values automatically sent/paired?

You can always manuallly enter the vakues

Yes, you can manually enter all values. You also don't need an AB LRF, you just need a compatible Bluetooth one.