• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin C1 Chronograph Screen Protector

Hi. I have put screen protectors on all my ham radios, cell phones and even my Lyman bore scope. Today I tried cutting some generic material that has always worked 100% in the past. It worked perfectly on the borescope today.
On the Garmin? Try as I may, I could not get a good bond after 3 tries. Just did not adhere to the C1's screen. I gave up. Something about the screen material.
BTW, there is a chap on eBay selling a nice sunshade for the C1. Mine was a bit too tight, but a few minutes with a Dremel resulted in a perfect fit. Cheap, too!
ron

I ended up buying a screen protector made by garmin for a gps on Amazon. I had to trim it but it stuck to the screen and went on nicely.

Sorry ebay. I think 3 came in the package.

Hi. I took your advise and ordered the Garmin screen protectors from ePay, er, eBay. I installed one a few minutes ago and it is perfect. I only had to trim about 3/16" from one end. No bubbles and perfect adhesion.
Thanks for the tip!!
ron

You will want to be a site supporter at least if you will be trying to sell items here. You make it a business then you will need to be a Commercial Supporter.

Understood mods, I was just trying to understand if anyone else was even interested for them (made them for myself originally). Can I continue to gather interest here and then become a supporter to sell in the exchange if so?