• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Shot View question/help

TommyD11730

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
So I have been sing my Garmin Xero and shot view app without issue. Recently upgraded my Samsung S22 to a S22 ultra. Used Samsungs app and it moved all data. Apps, etc over.
So tonight I open the Shot view app on my new phone and notice none of my old session data on it.
Figure "no biggie" pair it up and move it on over.
How about no...
They paired just fine, it even upgraded the software on the Xero. However it will not move the sessions over. Only asking if I want to start a new one.
Anyone else run into this?
Thanks!

So I have been sing my Garmin Xero and shot view app without issue. Recently upgraded my Samsung S22 to a S22 ultra. Used Samsungs app and it moved all data. Apps, etc over.
So tonight I open the Shot view app on my new phone and notice none of my old session data on it.
Figure "no biggie" pair it up and move it on over.
How about no...
They paired just fine, it even upgraded the software on the Xero. However it will not move the sessions over. Only asking if I want to start a new one.
Anyone else run into this?
Thanks!

I run an iPhone but I have noticed that once the data has been downloaded to one device it seems to get “marked” and cannot be downloaded to another service. Nor will it sync the downloaded data across my devices like most other apps do.

I have run Garmin devices for over 30 years and these type of software shortfalls are common and rarely addressed in future updates, in my experience. Fingers crossed 🤞 maybe it will be different this time.

I can’t address android, but in my experience with the iPhone I think you are just out of luck getting that old data into the app now. Purely speculation on my part though, somebody else may have a better answer.

Reactions: TommyD11730
I'm wondering if it's more an app transfer data issue. Perhaps I can uninstall shot view on my new phone. Then try again to move shot view from the old to the new phone with another method.
I used the Samsung app (pre installed on both S23's) the first time.

I wonder, is there a way to export your data from the App? I just paired the device to the phone and left it alone and it is charging right now.
Export it as a CSV file to some form of shared/cloud storage, and access it whenever/however you want. Probably won't be able to re-import it into the Shot View app, but that's a bit beyond the purpose of that app anyway.