• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Tactix 7 Unoffical Support Thread

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Just got mine. Figured I’d start a thread where we could deal with issues, tips and tricks. So far it’s nice, but I’m bummed the watch face I used on the delta isn’t available. hopefully @Garmin will watch this and chime in where necessary

AA5A0324-7981-4F9B-94B5-6D152453631D.jpeg

Just got mine today, upgraded from a Fenix 6X Pro. My buttons are pretty mushy compared to my 6X and my down button isn’t always responsive.

Just got mine today, upgraded from a Fenix 6X Pro. My buttons are pretty mushy compared to my 6X and my down button isn’t always responsive.
    I’d return it immediately for a new one. Mine are very tactile and wok every time

Reactions: Huckmeat
    How is the touch screen so far? Responsive? I was thinking it'd be difficult with fat fingers on a small display. 🤔

OST.

Just bought a Fenix 7 this weekend. Touch screen is great but thinking hard about the Tactix with AB. Issue could be my old eyes that may prefer the Epix 2's AMOLED screen, but trying to find one, they're hen's teeth right now.

Last edited:
    How is the touch screen so far? Responsive? I was thinking it'd be difficult with fat fingers on a small display. 🤔
    It’s actually pretty decent. I haven’t used it in AB mode yet but swiping to navigate and pressing to select works really well. It can also be disabled if you choose.

Reactions: earthquake
    Got the tactix delta probably 2 years ago and love it. Trying not to grab one of these!

Got the 7, cant get the AB to switch to yards vs meters. Tried Garmin customer support and they wanted to charge me for help. Thought I’d give this a shot first.

When u first go into AB, press start stop button (top right) scroll down to setup and it’s in there. Change the input units

Been through that screen 100 times…. guess I didn’t scroll enough! Appreciate the help

@Garmin,

I cannot get my Tactix 7 Pro Ballistic to display the temp unless connected to my phone or a Tempe sensor. I assume this watch has an internal thermometer. How do I get it to show the temp?

T

@Garmin,

I cannot get my Tactix 7 Pro Ballistic to display the temp unless connected to my phone or a Tempe sensor. I assume this watch has an internal thermometer. How do I get it to show the temp?

T

Hit the down button to get to the widget screen. Then scroll down to add and then add the “Temperature” widget. That’ll display the temperature from the watch sensor, although it will always read high when worn on the wrist.

Reactions: Huckmeat and chzhd
    Mine has been great, I’ve used mine with the sig10k and the link up is seamless. Zero problems in two NRL hunter matches.

The Bluetooth connection to the binos makes the kestrel Bluetooth look like a freshman year computer science project.

Hit the down button to get to the widget screen. Then scroll down to add and then add the “Temperature” widget. That’ll display the temperature from the watch sensor, although it will always read high when worn on the wrist.
    Thanks. I was hoping I could get it to display on the main screen. I don't always wear the watch on my wrist when I want to know the temp. I usually strap it to my backpack shoulder strap so the elevated temp reading from wearing on the wrist isn't really an issue.

T

Last night I was running through the AB app on the watch trying to get my profiles setup.

2 questions:

1) When looking at the environmental data on the watch and comparing it to my Kestrel Elite AB, the barometric pressure is consistently 0.10 inHg lower on the watch. Both are set to live update and yes I was checking over a 30min time period to see if they would eventually sync up. Just curious if this would be the cause of the elevation difference of 0.10mil between the 2? (seems to me like .1inHg is not enough to push .1mil off)

2) Where can I get the DA on the watch so I can record it in my DOPE book?

Thanks,

T

Realized I should probably chime in her and offer if anyone needs help with theirs. I have had mine since the week it was announced. Used it for all the setup at a NRL Hunter match and been using AB heavily to make sure it was all working before I head to Steel Safari and use it next weekend.

Reactions: goneballistic
    Last night I was running through the AB app on the watch trying to get my profiles setup.

2 questions:

1) When looking at the environmental data on the watch and comparing it to my Kestrel Elite AB, the barometric pressure is consistently 0.10 inHg lower on the watch. Both are set to live update and yes I was checking over a 30min time period to see if they would eventually sync up. Just curious if this would be the cause of the elevation difference of 0.10mil between the 2? (seems to me like .1inHg is not enough to push .1mil off)

2) Where can I get the DA on the watch so I can record it in my DOPE book?

Thanks,

T
    1. you shouldnt see a significant shift in DOPE for 0.1 inHg reading. Check your profile setup between the two as I bet it is in there. Also use with a Tempe to make sure you are getting good temp data for it to use in calculations.
    2. There was a flight app that basically just did DA but there is nothing on board I know of that will just show you DA for your records. App was called PilotAltimeter in the ConnectIQ store.

Reactions: Todc
    I figured it out - sort of. It looks like when the tempe connects you can manually go get the temperature from it in the Environment menu. After I do that, and set auto-update to on it doesn't appear to go get the temp again so I just have to keep doing that as the day goes on.

Which leads to the second problem - the MV-Temp table isn't doing anything. I set one of the numbers to WAY outside of parameters and the solution didn't change at all when I set the temp to the way-out-of-reasonable range.

Eh - figured that out by reading the manual. This should probably be an option in the Synapse app too.

Thoughts?

I figured it out - sort of. It looks like when the tempe connects you can manually go get the temperature from it in the Environment menu. After I do that, and set auto-update to on it doesn't appear to go get the temp again so I just have to keep doing that as the day goes on.

Which leads to the second problem - the MV-Temp table isn't doing anything. I set one of the numbers to WAY outside of parameters and the solution didn't change at all when I set the temp to the way-out-of-reasonable range.

Eh - figured that out by reading the manual. This should probably be an option in the Synapse app too.

Thoughts?
    I’d like to eliminate the synapse app and have it sync with AB mobile. We shouldn’t need 5 apps to use AB on all the AB devices. This really needs to be fixed like ASAP. AB is good software but the ecosystem is clunky and contains a lot of dead weight and it’s prone to errors due to having to enter the same data in multiple places. And I don’t find the MV temp table to be all that effective unless you have good day over a wide range of temps. I think it hurts more than it helps

I run all factory ammo and have data from this gun over a 50 degree swing. It does seem to help some with the nitpicky level stuff at very long distances.
    I’d like to eliminate the synapse app and have it sync with AB mobile. We shouldn’t need 5 apps to use AB on all the AB devices. This really needs to be fixed like ASAP. AB is good software but the ecosystem is clunky and contains a lot of dead weight and it’s prone to errors due to having to enter the same data in multiple places. And I don’t find the MV temp table to be all that effective unless you have good day over a wide range of temps. I think it hurts more than it helps

I run all factory ammo and have data from this gun over a 50 degree swing. It does seem to help some with the nitpicky level stuff at very long distances.
    Usually in AB you have to turn that table on. It doesn’t become active simply by inputting the data.

Usually in AB you have to turn that table on. It doesn’t become active simply by inputting the data.
    I was able to turn it on with a submenu in the watch. Probably also should be a check box in AB Synapse (Applied Ballistics Phone App #254 if you are keeping count.).

Is there a intro to AB for the Garmin? I'm pretty new to the watch and AB and am looking for a resource that has a detailed step by step on setting up AB within the Garmin Tactix 7. I did purchase a Bushnell Nitro 1800 and a tempe.

J_D - are you familiar with ballistic calculators? Have you ever utilized one before? You might try looking at the Applied Ballistics website for more info.

I have downloaded a ton of info this evening including several manuals for the Kestrel, my Laser range finder, etc.......trying to sort it all out.

I have not personally used it, and was hoping the watch would have better instruction....

Is there a intro to AB for the Garmin? I'm pretty new to the watch and AB and am looking for a resource that has a detailed step by step on setting up AB within the Garmin Tactix 7. I did purchase a Bushnell Nitro 1800 and a tempe.
    Download the AB synapse app to build your profiles and sync to watch

Reactions: Todc
    I was able to make great progress since yesterday. I did notice that the DOPE I recorded at the range in 25yd increments from 50 to 350 increases in the app from 175 out.

I recorded 175yd actual at 5.5 Mil and the AB Garmin states 5.93
    200yds actual 6.9 Mil and the AB Garmin states 7.44
    250yds actual 9.8 Mil and the AB Garmin states 10.68
    275yds actual 11.2 Mil and the AB Garmin states 12.41
    300yds actual 12.8 Mil and the AB Garmin states 14.21
    350yds actual 16 Mil and the AB Garmin states 18.04

I haven't measured fps yet and this was using Lapua CenterX. I did input all fields using AB Synapse, and this morning, except FPS.
    Are these just guidelines for starting out vs actuals?

I got my own answers, by needing to true up the FPS or BC or both. That being said, I fully understand the AB capabilities of the watch and considering all the other great features, this is my favorite purchase so far this year.

I just got mine in the mail, and did a quick profile set up of my 260 Rem, I'll be inputting my 250, and 338NM as well. What would be a nice feature I think, would be to fabricate your Range card through your app then have it bluetooth, to your watch, instead of manually having to input to your Tactix.
    IF I understand correctly your Target card is created when you range with a paired LRF... I wish my Vector 4's had BT.

Last edited:
    Reactions: corym468
    Tactic 7 not pairing with sig kilo 10

Sig is set to BDX external

Tactic 7; sensors/accessories, add new, AB,
    Searching for sensor screen appears, then message ‘no sensor found’

What am I missing.

I'm noticing significant battery drain for no apparent reason. I'm seeing 15-20% battery estimate loss in 24hrs and have not changed settings or loaded new apps recently.
    Could there have been an update pushed that is running something in the background which I'm not seeing got turned on? It's not claiming to be running an activity track or GPS under normal conditions.
    I did go track some activities over the weekend but charged it after I was done on Sunday and now I'm seeing 42% battery two days later.
    Suggestions on what I might need to check or look into?
    Thanks

I'm noticing significant battery drain for no apparent reason. I'm seeing 15-20% battery estimate loss in 24hrs and have not changed settings or loaded new apps recently.
    Could there have been an update pushed that is running something in the background which I'm not seeing got turned on? It's not claiming to be running an activity track or GPS under normal conditions.
    I did go track some activities over the weekend but charged it after I was done on Sunday and now I'm seeing 42% battery two days later.
    Thanks
    Updates can cause this but if you hard power it off and back on, it clears it.

Reactions: enginerd
    Thanks
    I’m not seeing that at all. I’m getting about 30 days per full charge with all sensors running

I’m not seeing that at all. I’m getting about 30 days per full charge with all sensors running
    That's what I was getting too. Then it seemingly random started draining like crazy and I had not changed any settings.

I'm going to hard restart the watch and see if that fixes things as suggested.

One thing that I also noticed recently is my weather glace widget is not updating with a manual connect update on the app. Any thoughts on that one?

That's what I was getting too. Then it seemingly random started draining like crazy and I had not changed any settings.

One thing that I also noticed recently is my weather glace widget is not updating with a manual connect update on the app. Any thoughts on that one?

I'm seeing the same thing, I might get 2 weeks max out of a full charge with all my widgets running. I'll have the Kilo 10s here soon and see how it connects, but it does fine so far with my kilo3ks.

I'm seeing the same thing, I might get 2 weeks max out of a full charge with all my widgets running. I'll have the Kilo 10s here soon and see how it connects, but it does fine so far with my kilo3ks.
    The turn off and back on send too have helped some but it'll take a while to know more.
    I'm running the kilo 8k and it's connecting super fast and does awesome.

Reactions: Halcyonhal

There is a thread about this here if you'd like to provide details to help troubleshoot.
    Garmin Forums - Tactix 7 battery drain

Reactions: enginerd
    Would this be a replacement for a Kestrel or used with it? I share a kestrel elite with a buddy and wear a regular watch daily. Considering one of these if I could get by without the kestrel.