• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Tactix Workflow

sawateam

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2022
San Diego
I know you can import rifle profiles using Garmin Synapse and link certain range finders.

Are people using the watch’s native atmospherics with an external temp sensor?

How does the watch get a humidity reading?

Can’t comment on the external temp sensor, but I think I remember reading that it just uses local station humidity when connected with your phone.

There is no humidity sensor. Just set it at 50% and forget it. It’s more than accurate enough. If you really want accurate humidity youll
Need a kestrel or something similar

I'm running a tempe and seems to work very well. As above set humidity to 50 and go.

I use temp from an external Garmin Tempe sensor and it works well for me. As for Pressure, the Tactix never uses environmental data from a phone, it has a built-in sensor to determine Station Pressure.

Humidity can be set to 50% for "most" shooting without noticing a difference. The longer the shot the more humidity becomes a factor. If I'm shooting PRS I don't worry about humidity, if I'm shooting ELR then I enter the humidity manually.

I use temp from an external Garmin Tempe sensor and it works well for me. As for Pressure, the Tactix never uses environmental data from a phone, it has a built-in sensor to determine Station Pressure.

Humidity can be set to 50% for "most" shooting without noticing a difference. The longer the shot the more humidity becomes a factor. If I'm shooting PRS I don't worry about humidity, if I'm shooting ELR then I enter the humidity manually.
so your saying that even when connected to a kestrel the watch only uses its own sensor?

so your saying that even when connected to a kestrel the watch only uses its own sensor?
When connected to a Kestrel the watch will use whichever sensor you specify (Kestrel or Garmin) if both are available, or just the Kestrel in the case of Kestrel only sensors like Wind & Humidity.

When connected to a Kestrel the watch will use whichever sensor you specify (Kestrel or Garmin) if both are available, or just the Kestrel in the case of Kestrel only sensors like Wind & Humidity.
OK. That makes more sense. as accurate as the sensor in my 7 may be, i find the kestrel to be better.