• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero accessories only

Got an email about this the other day.
I don't have Garmin Zero but I do have three Cole Tac High Temp Suppressor covers and love them.

Arm for Garmin

Reactions: 264win

Arca/Picitinny mount + Arm . . .

20231023_103845.jpg

20231023_114048.jpg

Doesn't really fit with the 419 rail attached though.

Reactions: BurtG
I'm using that Amazon case too. $8. Good to go.

I don't use any other accessories, just the chrono and the Garmin tripod so I don't need some huge case.

Reactions: Conqueror
Good thread. I don't own one yet but here's a possible alternative rifle mounting solutions for poors like myself.
1698751491995.png

And nothing says "I'm a poor" like an over spec'd case (that I plan to purchase, sucks being a poor and still sticking to poor-habits).

1698751598989.png

Not recommended

I bought some of this anti-glare screen protector material, but it doesn’t seem to be sticking very well - hard to get the edges to seal and not show bubbles along the edges. Not sure of the Garmin screen coating or this material is to blame (or the way I cut it).

I’ve done custom cut screen protectors for other devices in the past, but haven’t run into this before.

IMG_0021.jpeg

I went with a go pro case off of amazon, 10 bucks. It's nice and small and I can throw it in my range bag. Doesn't take alot of room like a big pelican case..which given the garmin can be submerged for 30 minutes, not sure that type of case is called for in any event. In any event, my range bag packs alot of gear, but it's only possible because I don't put every item in a huge case of it's own.

Case for GoPro JSVER Carrying Case for GoPro Hero 12, Hard Shell Travel Storage Case for Hero 12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3, Osmo Action 3, AKASO EK7000, Campark ACT74, YI Action Camera (Black)

For attachment, I went with a 120mm Nodal Slide. Though, 140+ will give you more room, depends on your use case. I am sticking with the 120, and for anything I need more room, I will go with a tripod. I didn't see the cost/benefit of the botique offerings. 20 bucks. I added a arca clamp to mine so I can have a mini arca rail on the bottom of my Xero - and I can attach it quickly to anything with an arca clamp - every tripod, etc.

Desmond 120mm Nodal Slide DNR-120 Dual Dovetail Macro Rail & Clamp Arca Compatibl

Arca Clamp, 14 bucks:

Neewer Aluminum Screw Knob Clamp Compatible Mini Quick Release Clamp for QR Plate (38mm)

I also carry this general purpose - mini tripod in my range bag, have for years - use it for weather / environmental monitor, holding phones, ballistics calculators, even works as a bipod for arca firearms in a pinch. It's small, light and suits a variety of needs - is infinitely better than the garmin tripod.

Portable Desktop Mini Tripod PICTRON MT-24 Compact Camera Tripod Aluminum Alloy with 360° Ball Head,1/4 inches Quick Release Plate for DSLR Camera Video Camcorder, Load up to 11lbs/5kg

Perhaps I am an odd one on this, but it works for me. I also created a riser - so I can raise up the Xero when attached to a firearm via Nodal slide, and put it right where you can peak at it from the occular above your windage knob. Modular build, you can add it using arca interfaces and stack them. It works great.
Nitze 15mm Rod with 1/4” Screw 1 Inch/2 Inches/3 Inches (3 pcs) Aluminum Alloy 15mm Rods wtih 1/4" Male to Female Threads - R15-1/4-KIT

You can see it here:
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/garmin-xero-c1-pro-chronograph.7189898/post-11200056

Last edited:
Not recommended

I bought some of this anti-glare screen protector material, but it doesn’t seem to be sticking very well - hard to get the edges to seal and not show bubbles along the edges. Not sure of the Garmin screen coating or this material is to blame (or the way I cut it).

I’ve done custom cut screen protectors for other devices in the past, but haven’t run into this before.

View attachment 8261057
I used this one

RED SHIELD Universal Screen...

Other than at the very edge of the screen area which actually isn’t screen anymore mine sticks fine and no real issues with bubbles

For many reasons, I think that a diving board mount might be the most versatile solution.
If that's the case, this is the way...

Edited:
On closer inspection, the tightening knob might interfere with the body of the Xero.
This mount should have the proper clearance to tighten.

Last edited:
For many reasons, I think that a diving board mount might be the most versatile solution.
If that's the case, this is the way...

It's the "Highest Speed", but you have then your talking about having a diving board on all your firearms.

I have arca on quite a few, but diving boards... not many. Besides those host my wilco range finders. ;)

Reactions: Mr. Wolf
I hate guessing on this stuff, but will be before end of the year. Really depends how initial protos and testing go. If you can share feedback, I'd like some third party testers.
I'm in.

Made some mlok and arca mounts…will post in px when ready, feel free to PM if interested

Attachments

• 7312E02C-E852-4001-9334-A313EC95A692.jpeg
    7312E02C-E852-4001-9334-A313EC95A692.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 636A6E0E-E3F8-4C2C-9340-288BB1A2C5F8.jpeg
    636A6E0E-E3F8-4C2C-9340-288BB1A2C5F8.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 346
After looking at a few others, I went with the Evergreen 56 hard case.
It’s perfect for me. Not to bulky but enough room for a few accessories.
And most importantly its tough enough to be Murphy proof.

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpeg
    IMG_2627.jpeg
    562.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Reactions: BoldCorrections
I hate guessing on this stuff, but will be before end of the year. Really depends how initial protos and testing go. If you can share feedback, I'd like some third party testers.
Hey bud, if you need something tested let me know. I can do whatever.

Waiting on mine to be shipped, I had this Harbor Freight 1800 case sitting around, bought for another project, but not used, Here are the dimensions. Not quite 8" by a little more than 5 7/8". the corners are rounded. $12.99
C2C3B08E-D8D0-4E32-93D8-46E366ADD7BE_1_201_a.jpeg

Mr. BR -- do you have a source for this clamp?
I've scoured the internet and can't find it online.
thanks.
That is why i posted a pict of the actual product,right click on it and choose ''search image with Google'' , you will get shit load of hits ,mostly on Amazon and Aliexpress

The little 1/4 threaded thumb wheel.... thing

Whatever you used to attach the Garmin to this mount
Does it come with it? Or is it something else?
No, it doesn't come with.

1/4" Male to 3/8" Male Threaded Screw Adapter or 1/4'' to 1/4'' male to male adapter

Reactions: PlinkIt
I have an older black case without the molle on the back. I have been trying to find a couple of these cases for a while now. Kestrel does not sell them separately from the weather vane kit.
Yeah, I already had it. I don’t use the vane mount kit so I just threw the pieces in the parts bin and repurposed the pouch. I have one of the Cole-Tac pouches on the way as well but I may just stick with the Kestrel pouch.

My Grey Ops Inc. Garmin XERO mount showed up today. VERY impressed! Nice clean smooth anodizing. Very nice CNC work. And it was a very thought-out design. I really love the solid-lockup on the QD picatinny setup (circled in red in the pic below). It would work very well on an AR with a quadrail, or a rifle with a pic rail on the fore-end of the gun, or if you want to run it mostly on a tripod, like I will. The QD makes it quick and to remove and reinstall so I can carry the unit protected separately from the tripod in my bag.

I decided to mount my ARCA clamp with the lever on the INSIDE, not the outside (there's plenty of clearance to swing it), so it wouldn't be sticking out and get in the way, and get hung up on anything on the right side of the gun when using it on an ARCA rail. It came disassembled, so I test-fit everything and figured out that it was all reversible, and how I wanted to position the lever (inside or outside). Then I pulled it apart and put some Vibra-Tite VC-3 on the screws and let them sit for about 30 minutes for it to cure so nothing will vibrate loose while using it. Then reassembled it.

So far, I really like the mount. I'll give it a try at the range tomorrow, both on the tripod and on the ARCA mount, so I will see how close and consistent my readings are.

IMG_2786.jpeg
IMG_2787.jpegIMG_2788.jpegIMG_2784.jpegIMG_2785.jpegIMG_2791.jpegIMG_2789.jpeg