• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph Mounting options

GIXXER2000

ELR Junkie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2013
    Bullhead City ,AZ
    What are the options for mounting on something more stable then the little tripod it comes with?? My muzzle blast from my .375 will blow it off the table and I don't want to mount on the rifle. Please show me what you came up with.

Thanks

What are the options for mounting on something more stable then the little tripod it comes with?? My muzzle blast from my .375 will blow it off the table and I don't want to mount on the rifle. Please show me what you came up with.

Thanks
    If using a table the simple thing is a squeeze quick clamp and a camera clamp with adapter like this:

If shooting prone the camera clamp can go on tripod leg etc. if it still reads from that distance and angle (results seem to vary).
    I'd say moving the factory tripod out of the blast wake or putting it ahead of the brake like you would with a LabRadar are both options to try before spending anything.

Amazon links are stupid at times try and copy paste this into another tab:
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ5XH4O/?th=1

Reactions: GIXXER2000

Thanks
    Flex on the poors, RRS table top tripod TVC-32c ( now mk2, I have the older one) and matching leveling base. Buy once cry once and you will leave it for your future generations…and will sustain any blast ( the setup in the picture is used with a dasher, start Low and work up…🤣)
    in the end it costs twice as much as the Garmin, but I have been using it even in some PRS stages for years. A beast.

IMG_2398.jpeg

Does anyone know if the current gen Xero units are 'hardened' in anyway (eg shockproofed, etc) for use with firearms, or are they built to same spec as like the golf and archery models? I'm half thinking it would be a good idea to keep it out of the blast radius of the rifle/muzzle break (?). That being said, I haven't actually been to the range yet with one...

cheers.

I haven't seen anything that shows they are 'Potted' or hardened. They could be, and it's not obvious or advertised?

That said, Garmin's lawyers disclaim any liability for damage when mounted to a firearm. So there's that, lawyer's. Then there is the Garmin EE who build it, who in deeds says he had one mounted to a firearm during development and reports no issues.

I don't think they've been fielded long enough - we don't have enough sample size or time to know if any meaningful issues will result.

Seems like for the most part it will be fine, but you risk loosing your 600 dollar chrono. Personally, I am mounting to my 22lr without Zero regard and will mount it to centerfires if the situation dictates it without much thought and we'll see what happens.

Reactions: ma smith
    The Garmin manual says it is not recoil rated but then again a lot of people are gun-mounting them including me without issues. I’ve used mine up to .308 but will be using up to 300 Norma.

Reactions: Capt45
    What works for me. have not had any issues with not seeing shots with placement in sitting, prone or offhand.

Attachments

• 17060332817374813462170981198348.jpg
      17060332817374813462170981198348.jpg
      569.6 KB · Views: 46