• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Garmin Xero C1 Screen Protectors

omega2733

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2023
FL
I have several Garmin Xero C1 Pro screen protectors for sale that are precision cut using a CNC cutter. I made my own since none existed, didn't want my Garmin enclosed like a plastic tank and figured I'd offer them to the community. I also ok'd this post with @Lowlight to be sure it was ok here due to quantity.

These protectors are made of a heavy-duty 3M self healing TPU (same stuff used on cars for PPF - 8mils) and fully cover the entire screen including the black bezel edge to edge. Once installed it's very hard to notice, these are glossy so could have some increased glare but seems comparable to the stock screen to me.

Note:
The film from 3M comes with a barely noticeable haze (during their manufacturing) that is noticeable around the black bezel but you can't see it over the screen or with the screen on. If you're OCD like me and want it to be glass clear even over the bezel, use a very small amount of plastic polish or car buffing compound (light abrasiveness) before install.

Pricing:
Single protector - $14.99 shipped CONUS w/ tracking
Two Pack (recommended) - $24.99 shipped CONUS w/ tracking

The below images show the screen protector installed on my Garmin and a few pictures for reference. I recommend the two pack in case you mess one up or get fingerprints on the underside.

Install Instructions:
Read these carefully to properly install, not responsible for poor application or incorrect installation.

1. Make sure the screen is absolutely clean with a microfiber & screen safe cleaner, any contaminants will show easily if not cleaned well.
  2. Do not touch the back of the protector, it is adhesive and will leave fingerprints.
  3. Use clear tape (scotch etc.) or blue tape on the front side of the protector on the side edges. The side without the 3M paper backing, this helps to avoid fingerprints.
  4. Remove backing
    • For Wet Install (Skip for dry install): Use a small spray bottle to spray a very small amount of water (fine mist) or a mix of water/alcohol that is AR coating safe on the sticky side of the protector.
  5. Align the top edge or bottom edge first and notches first then lay across screen. I think top down is easiest.
    • It can be lifted back up carefully if not fully laid down to get the alignment perfect before doing so.
  6. Gently push out the air bubbles with light pressure towards the sides of the film using your finger and microfiber. Once this is done it can no longer be lifted and re-used.
  7. Let sit for at least 5-10mins and clean front of protector gently with a damp cloth.

PXL_20240117_154759580.jpg
PXL_20240117_190101089~2.jpg

PXL_20240117_144622917~2.jpg
PXL_20240117_144500798~2.jpg

Last edited:
Currently sold out of ready to go protectors.

I'll have more material for shipping out more on Monday next week. If anyone is interested you can continue to DM me and/or post here so I can build a list of those interested for next shipment.

Would anybody find instructions for optimal application helpful or is everyone pretty well versed these days?

Reactions: IsaacL
I can figure it out but instructions would probably help my dumb ass.

ETA: I see it now lol. Thanks for offering these up!

Reactions: omega2733
I've sent out 18 orders, thanks for the support guys and glad I could help!

I have 10 more 2 packs on hand to ship out immediately if anyone still wants one, just DM me with your address, quantity and I'll give you my payment info (Paypal)!

I edited the main thread with detailed instructions. Let me know if you have any questions!

I have found that if you live in a dusty climate or are concerned about dust, do screen protectors in the bathroom.

Started by running the shower on hot and steaming the place up good. This helps with dust in the air and reduces static…….

I've got 5 orders shipping on Friday, if anyone jumps in by 1/25, I'll have your order out in my Friday batch!

Bumping this thread, I have 2 sets ready to go out on Monday! Have sold quite a few with no negative feedback!

bumping, next order shipment is tomorrow AM if I get payment & shipping details this evening!

More going out this Friday, get in on the action!

Also would anybody be interested in some Blemished units for $20 for 2 instead of $25? They're about 1.5MM short in height (top/bottom) from the housing edge.

So I had to make another batch before stopping these. I have about 7 - 2 packs left and 3 single packs up until they're gone!

Reactions: AndrewR
How difficult is it to remove the protector if need be?

It's super easy, it's an extremely light adhesive backing. I've removed probably 12 from testing and most recently removed one that was on for months after I damaged a protector on my own unit.

I still have a handful of protectors left and several orders going out Friday. Once they're gone, they're gone!

Completely sold out now. If there's more interest we can start a waitlist and if I get at least 8 people I can make a new batch.

If you wanted one, but didn't get one, I have some blems I'm selling for $22 for a 2 pack. They're slightly short top to bottom, example picture below.

1712234606005.png

Reactions: Ryanjohnson86
Just an update, totally sold out except 2 blemished 2 packs ($22) if you want them.

I'm no longer making new batches at this time due to lower demand. I will make a new batch if we have at least 8 people on a wait list though. I'll start one in case anyone wants to get added.

Thanks for all of the support from everyone in the community! Glad I could solve my own problem and offer something for you all as well!

Waitlist: