• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero vs Bulletseeker

Solscud007

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 25, 2022
Henderson, NV
I was at an event and someone just got their Garmin Xero. I brought my BulletSeeker so we compared them. We mounted the BulletSeeker and Garmin onto my friend’s CZ .22lr. I was shooting SK Standard Plus.

According to my friend, his rifle with that ammo should be around 1040 fps. He uses a MagnetoSpeed V3.

Not sure why there is a discrepancy. I’m am not happy with the BulletSeeker.
IMG_2115.jpeg

The xero has a 776 fps es. That’s pretty large. It would have had to pick up something in the 300 fps range on one of the shots…. Delete that shot and compare if possible. Otherwise, can’t compare very well….

Reactions: Baron23
The xero has a 776 fps es. That’s pretty large. It would have had to pick up something in the 300 fps range on one of the shots…. Delete that shot and compare if possible. Otherwise, can’t compare very well….
Yep, something's wonky. The Garmin is showing a triple-digit SD. Good eye.

SD/ES doesn't matter here... I think he's just comparing the same shot between the 2 chronos and asking why the large discrepancy.

I don’t know what he’s thinking. But clearly there is an obvious issue with at least one shot. I don’t know the rest of the info as I can’t see it.

SD/ES doesn't matter here... I think he's just comparing the same shot between the 2 chronos and asking why the large discrepancy.
How does it not matter? There's 6 (or 9) shots in the string. If you think there's a large discrepancy in this shot, I can guarantee you there's a MUCH larger discrepancy somewhere else in the string. The Garmin is all over the place with an ES of 770 vs 35 on the BS. With that kind of data, why would you believe the Garmin over the BS on any given shot? As I said, something is wonky here. I haven't experienced this kind of issue with the Garmin.

Reactions: RayDBonz
How does it not matter? There's 6 (or 9) shots in the string. If you think there's a large discrepancy in this shot, I can guarantee you there's a MUCH larger discrepancy somewhere else in the string. The Garmin is all over the place with an ES of 770 vs 35 on the BS. With that kind of data, why would you believe the Garmin over the BS on any given shot? As I said, something is wonky here. I haven't experienced this kind of issue with the Garmin.
Just a hunch but probably because the Garmin was being used for another rifle/ammo prior to the test. I'd imagine they just put it on for the one round without resetting the string to compare directly with the BS.

The average speed of the entire 9 shot string on the Garmin was 963fps WITH the 1041 reading... not too difficult to see what happened here.

I own both the BSm4 and XERO, and a MSv2... Between the BSm4 and the XERO, the XERO is a nicer unit, and works better and is WAY more reliable when shooting suppressed, but the BSm4 app is much more advanced in many ways. Like real-time communication between the unit and app, and also allows you to swap shot strings from the app, and you can continue shot strings later from where you left off before. I hope Garmin updates their XERO app and software to have these 2 features.

FWIW, we've shot the Garmin next to our big doppler head and it's within 2-3fps. Also, compared several Garmin units against each other and they were all within about 2-3fps of each other. Overall been pretty impressed with them.

Lab Radar was in a similar boat for accuracy (say 2-5fps), but the triggering/aiming issues and size has always been a problem for me. The magnetospeed units as compared to the big doppler head are up to 20-30fps off depending on mounting. Usually not that bad but it's definitely a potential.

Barring a very serious "oopsie" on Garmin's part, I think this unit is going to be the gold standard in short order.

We've got a bulletseeker. I need to see if we've tested it vs. the Infinition. I have very limited personal experience with it.

Reactions: msgriff