• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Garrett Industries=Happy man

Longshot38

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2009
Montgomery, TX
Today I recieved my new holster from Garrett Industries. The holster is one that is fairly new to their product line. It is one that is refered to as a modular holster. It is contructed similar to other Garrett designs, kydex shell with a leather lining. What sets this product apart from the rest of the product lines is that it can be worn as either an IWB or OWB holster. And in my case I ordered it with both set of belt loops. After a week or so of wear I'll post a better review. But for now all I can say is that I am very happy. The quality of workmanship is amazing and the service I recieved was top notch. The leather lining makes the draw absolutely silent and as best I can tell protects the firearms finish very well (really a secondary concern but still). And seeing as this would not be complete without, here are som pics:

Ron and Sheryl are awesome folks, really nice people. I have three of their holsters right now: STX, STX 2.0, and a Silent Thunder Auto Hood. They're all very comfortable for long periods of OWB wear, and the pricing is very fair. They don't look as stunning as some of the custom leather out there, but I much prefer them to any other kydex I've found. Have one of their triple mag holders, too; I like it but it takes up a lot of real estate. Just saw the new quad holder they have, so now I'm going back and forth between that and the one Raven makes.

Ron and Sheryl are awesome people. The auto hood design caught my eye as well and after this experience I think I will be ordering a lot more products from Garrett. I have already contacted them about a light bearing holster or two and the auto hood looks like something I will have to try as well. All and all I think I have found a new holster company. When contrasted against all the others in my box (Comp-Tac, Bravo Concealment, Raven Concealment, Biachi, etc...) this is blows them all away.