• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas block identification

BM556308

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2023
California
Hey I’m new to ar10 I’m building an aero chambered in 308 I’m wanting to get an adjustable gas block so I can run a heavier 5.6 oz buffer but when looking at the options (on Aeros website) they have option for .625 .875 and .936 what’s those measurements referring to ? I’m running the aero m5 18” upper and barrel complete I’m tryna figure out what size I need for my rifle , thanks in advance for the help

Reactions: USK308
Here is a .750 Aero Adj. GB on sale.
https://www.armorally.com/shop/aero...as-block/?attribute_pa_gas-block-diameter=750

FWIW... you might not even need it to run a 5.6oz buffer weight, but adj. gb's sure help with tuning.

Also, if your 5.6oz buffer is 3.25" long... make sure your buffer tube is a Vltor / Armalite length buffer tube. ( Longer than a AR15 carbine buffer tube , by .75 inches )
The heavy is the same length as my stock 3.5 oz buffer and with stock in it cycles fine but with the heavy it doesn’t cycle

Reactions: bfoosh006
The heavy is the same length as my stock 3.5 oz buffer and with stock in it cycles fine but with the heavy it doesn’t cycle
Are you using a non-adjustable gas block now? That's as much gas as you're ever going to get. An adjustable gas block is meant to meter the gas down, it doesn't get you more gas.

Yea it’s got a fixed block rn stock block
Then unless it's obstructed, it's wide-open from gas port to gas tube. Like I said, an adjustable gas block won't get you any more gas than what you've got.
If it was running fine with the stock buffer, then stick with the stock buffer.

Then unless it's obstructed, it's wide-open from gas port to gas tube. Like I said, an adjustable gas block won't get you any more gas than what you've got.
If it was running fine with the stock buffer, then stick with the stock buffer.
Ok good to know I ordered a new better bcg I’ll see if that combo helps any if not I’ll be sticking with the stock buffer

Ok good to know I ordered a new better bcg I’ll see if that combo helps any if not I’ll be sticking with the stock buffer
What's the issue where you think you need extra reciprocating mass?

What's the issue where you think you need extra reciprocating mass?
Was reading a heavy buffer can help a little bit with recoil and saving the internals a lil bit from wear but also my BCG in it now I bought years ago. And have no idea what brand it is and pretty sure it’s a cheepo so got the aero BCG to further add to the full aero build

Was reading a heavy buffer can help a little bit with recoil and saving the internals a lil bit from wear but also my BCG in it now I bought years ago. And have no idea what brand it is and pretty sure it’s a cheepo so got the aero BCG to further add to the full aero build
A heavy buffer may help if you were over-gassed but it doesn't sound like you were if the gun stopped acting right when you switched out the stock buffer. If the new bolt carrier you're looking to get weighs the same as what you have now then it won't run with a heavy buffer either.

Reactions: BM556308
Also lighter means less recoil. Unless it were super over gassed possibly and everything is running way to fast.