• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas block installation on WOA barrel

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Im going with a standard low pro gas block, attempting to drill dimples without a press makes me a touch nervous but I believe I could do it, Ive also heard of using a file to make grooves for the set screws. I remember hearing Rockset mentioned before as well. What are your thoughts on the best way to go about this? I dont want to ugly up this nice barrel but also don't want the gas block creeping forward on me.

Shade tree option.
Put the block on.
Tighten the set screws enough to leave a witness mark.
Remove block.
Center punch where they go.
Drill carefully with a good sharp drill bit.

Better to find someone with a Bridgeport and not fuck it up. Use WOA's clamp on gas block if it will fit.

Reactions: jLorenzo
All of my WOA barrels have been dimpled but Halfntuz's method sounds like it would work. Don't use Rockset around the gas block, it's unnecessary. You can use a dab of red loctite on the set screws and if you need to take them out some heat from a little torch has worked for me.

I bought the slr rifle works jig. It probably wasn't necessary, but it was nice to make sure everything lined up properly. A good set of drill bits will help a lot. I function tested everything a few different times, then used rockset on the screws.

Reactions: Tono and Halfnutz
You could always install it un-dimpled and see what happens.

the barrel will be dimpled unless you asked them not to and blue or red loctite on the screws is all you will need.

There is one dimple on the barrel, I hadnt looked that close when I posted.

Reactions: Changed