• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas block question

Anonymouscoward

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2022
Wyoming
I came across a forum stating that you can tune your gas block along with a comp in order to basically reduce your muzzle rise to nothing. Can’t find anything other than a guy saying you can. Anyone know anything about this? I’m assuming just start wide open with a gas block and then tune your block and see what happens, but I also don’t want to waste the rounds chasing a bunny trail.

I came across a forum stating that you can tune your gas block along with a comp in order to basically reduce your muzzle rise to nothing. Can’t find anything other than a guy saying you can. Anyone know anything about this? I’m assuming just start wide open with a gas block and then tune your block and see what happens, but I also don’t want to waste the rounds chasing a bunny trail.

Tuning your rifle with an adjustable gas block and/or with buffers and springs will give you a more pleasant recoil impulse.

Adding a comp or brake to the barrel will help control muzzle rise but at the penalty of concussion. The concussion bothers some more than just using a flash hider with more input + good fundamentals to keep the muzzle flatter.

That preference would be up to you but comps/brakes definitely help keep the muzzle flatter.

Tuning your rifle with an adjustable gas block and/or with buffers and springs will give you a more pleasant recoil impulse.

Adding a comp or brake to the barrel will help control muzzle rise but at the penalty of concussion. The concussion bothers some more than just using a flash hider with more input + good fundamentals to keep the muzzle flatter.

That preference would be up to you but comps/brakes definitely help keep the muzzle flatter.
I have a nice comp on mine that I like a lot. It doesn’t bring it down to no rise but it’s a lot less than a flash hider. I was just wondering. been shooting 3 gun with it and it would be nice, but I think the rest of the muzzle rise is up to the shooter to control. I appreciate the input!

Many brake/comps can be tuned to further decrease muzzle rise. It's simply done by boring the top ports larger or adding additional top ports. Even if you go too far, there are solutions.
Are you familiar with the procedure for adjusting an AGB?

Many brake/comps can be tuned to further decrease muzzle rise. It's simply done by boring the top ports larger or adding additional top ports. Even if you go too far, there are solutions.
Are you familiar with the procedure for adjusting an AGB?
Yes I tuned my gas block when I put it on. So I have an epsilon vg6 and I’m running a 16 inch odinworks barrel with 62 gr bullets. have you heard of people boring out the vg6? how Do you do that? Dremel and a steady hand? I get the concept that gas expelled upwards pushes the barrel back down, that makes sense. So a larger port in theory would do that like you said.

Yes I tuned my gas block when I put it on. So I have an epsilon vg6 and I’m running a 16 inch odinworks barrel with 62 gr bullets. have you heard of people boring out the vg6? how Do you do that? Dremel and a steady hand? I get the concept that gas expelled upwards pushes the barrel back down, that makes sense. So a larger port in theory would do that like you said.
I don't know about the VG6. I run mostly custom brake/comps or those designed to be tuned.