• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas guns can't do what?

BattleAxe

Chief
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2010
    Earth
    Apparently they can't hang with bolt guns, and even I started to believe it...until today.

After 3 days of every conceivable type of precision exercise including night shooting, rooftops, barricades, long range, short range, scaffolding, etc, I'm <span style="text-decoration: underline">really</span> glad the technicians at GA Precision didn't buy into it.

This is for you guys...

***PHOTO PULLED DUE TO A SCORING ERROR***

Re: Gas guns can't do what?

congrats, yep GAP can build em

_8169.jpg

evidently flounder doesn't want to build em anymore... just saying

he's too good for gas guns, lol

He doesn't want to get type cast, I get it, being the Adam Sandler of the Team GAP is limiting for a player. He was action roles, not just comedy. Why play Happy Gilmore over and over, he wants to be Arnold once and while.

i don't see flounder as a arnold... just saying. mabye a van damn

I see Flounder as Flounder from animal house........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy who built your rifle...

vir_cotto.jpg

Get with the program BA </div></div>

Another day of firsts...I just blew a piece of a frenchfry out my nose LOL

Gotta thank USO too...the SN3-TPAL performed flawlessly at every turn (of course it did that long before this match or even this rifle)

First: Congratulations
    Second: That is one beautiful rifle.....I'm rather jealous.

Great job indeed!

BA I just have one question.................

Did you eat the fry that you shot out? HAHAHa

Congrats on the shoot

Congrats on your win!

What are the specs on your rifle,specifically the cartridge ?

Did you have to unload the rifle for movement or just put the safety on?

I use a AR in 6mmAR Turbo 40 sometimes in practical precision matches. No wins but I got a 2cnd place once. I really like using semiauto but I find it a handicap on certain stages.

have george build you one in either a 6.5 or 6mm creedmore would be all kinds of win

Glad to see you're happy with your GAP10 BA. It was one of the first we did in that color with a fluted barrel as I recall. There are a few guys involved with the GAP10 program and they will all be glad to hear about your success.

Great shooting BTW.

Thanks guys. I do have to give props to my fellow shooters. Having seen them in action I was thinking...Eh...I'll be happy to make the top 10 and would love to make the top 5. After the the first 2 shooters placed I figured I was out of it. When my name was called I said... Huh? I was assured that they checked the scores twice but I'm still a little shocked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BA I just have one question.................

Congrats on the shoot </div></div>

My body has a "one way" policy
    wink.gif

Congrats BattleAxe! That's some awesome shooting man. I bet it was hella fun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on your win!

What are the specs on your rifle,specifically the cartridge ?

Did you have to unload the rifle for movement or just put the safety on?

I use a AR in 6mmAR Turbo 40 sometimes in practical precision matches. No wins but I got a 2cnd place once. I really like using semiauto but I find it a handicap on certain stages. </div></div>

GAP-10 in .308
    20" Bartlien w/shurefire brake
    I was shooting a mix of factory 168 and 175 FGMM's depending on distance

Transitions between leg stages depended on the situation. When moving from one station to another when the leg has several stages, the only requirement was to control the rifle (and pistol) so in that regard the match was very "real world". For example one leg started with pistol for one target, running to the next 2-3 stages and engaging with rifle at various distances/positions, then finishing with pistol (with a time limit).

It was a handicap at the rooftops since I had to balance the rifle on the magazine due to the slope. Another handicap was its weight...we did numerous stages where you were standing either off-hand or off a tree and an 18lb rifle in those situations lets you know quickly that its an 18lb rifle.

The match was set up in a way that did a pretty good job of requiring you to be a well-rounded shooter rather than really good at any one thing. A rifle that would have had a decided advantage would have been a Remy SPS Tactical. Small, light, and very accurate. For the pistol I just use my trusty Sig P220 with cheap factory ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats BattleAxe! That's some awesome shooting man. I bet it was hella fun! </div></div>

Thanks bro...most fun I've had with my clothes on in a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmann20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see you're happy with your GAP10 BA. It was one of the first we did in that color with a fluted barrel as I recall. There are a few guys involved with the GAP10 program and they will all be glad to hear about your success.
    Great shooting BTW. </div></div>

A bit of a funny story but I was one of the guys who's barrel was done with the wrong reemer. It was dead accurate so I waited a good 800+ rounds to send it back to get re-reamed since I was able to shoot around the the problem. When I got my upper back I thought...crap...I'm going to have to re-zero and all but I slapped it together and to my surprise it held zero to a freakin' gnats ass. Not even a 1/10 mil correction. I'm not sure how those guys did that but I'm impressed.

There was some seriously high-speed gear at this match. This isn't all of them but a few staged for the night shoot. Lots of eye candy...

613-nite-shoot.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BA I just have one question.................

Congrats on the shoot </div></div>

My body has a "one way" policy
    wink.gif
    </div></div>

LOL thats a good policy

Congrats on the win and the good shooting. Comps are a lot more fun when you are victorious.

All,

I just receided a call and apparently there was a score mixup. I apparently should have placed 3rd (seriously, no joking). So I posted this prematurely.

Having said that I'm still happy as a clam in slop, regardless of the mix-up so the thread is still valid. I'd have posted this even if I had finished 10th.
    grin.gif

What match is this? bsf and ruashooter aren't ringing any bells.

Congrats on the shooting

Let us know when you get the bc calculated on French fries

Either way...1st or 3rd...that's some good shooting. Congratulations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude !
    Thats BS
    I want a recount </div></div>

Actually you have just witnessed one
    cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much does a GAP AR-10 weigh by itself? </div></div>

they generally ship out at 11-12lbs

I mean a recount on the recount, Florida style

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mean a recount on the recount, Florida style </div></div>

LOL...the "Hanging Chad" lives.

Seriously though...the folks at BSF contacted me as immediately as they could so I'm glad no one is making a circus out of it. I see those folks weekly and it had to be one tough phone call for them to make.

The guys that placed ahead of me are some serious shooters and they completely deserve the accolades. Hell...there are no good shooters or bad...only real shooters, and you can say that about everyone there. The only time its a bad thing is if you're being shot at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All,

I just receided a call and apparently there was a score mixup. I apparently should have placed 3rd (seriously, no joking). So I posted this prematurely.

Having said that I'm still happy as a clam in slop, regardless of the mix-up so the thread is still valid. I'd have posted this even if I had finished 10th.
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

Thanks for the info on your GAP. Sweet gun! Geez that's probably a little dissapointing with the scoring mix up? Good shooting never the less though,also you must be pretty good with a pistol!

I had something similar happen.

I was at a match a couple months ago and was called up for 3rd place which I was OK with of course but got home and got a call that I had actually got 2cnd place. Good and bad because I coulda got a new Rem 700 from the prize table. The MD and I worked it out somewhat but I got a little bit of a bad taste from the situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info on your GAP. Sweet gun! Geez that's probably a little dissapointing with the scoring mix up? Good shooting never the less though,also you must be pretty good with a pistol!

I had something similar happen.

I was at a match a couple months ago and was called up for 3rd place which I was OK with of course but got home and got a call that I had actually got 2cnd place. Good and bad because I coulda got a new Rem 700 from the prize table. The MD and I worked it out somewhat but I got a little bit of a bad taste from the situation. </div></div>

I suppose there was a little dissapointment but I really don't go into these things with any performance expectations. On any given Sunday you'll either win, lose, or suck. Technically I'm a bit of a rookie (regardless of how much smack I talk) so I'm happy to just shoot. I ended up with something better than 1st place...free range time for my trouble and incentive to train harder
    grin.gif

Battelaxe,

Is the weight of the rifle 14lbs empty?

What is the barrel profile on that thing?

Regads,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Battelaxe,

Is the weight of the rifle 14lbs empty?

What is the barrel profile on that thing?

Regads, </div></div>
    Its a 5R barrel. 14-ish empty is what most people have reported. I only weighed mine dressed out for business.

1st or 3rd it don't matter BA still did a hell of a job and the rifle and your skills have proven your selves !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captain zeke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1st or 3rd it don't matter BA still did a hell of a job and the rifle and your skills have proven your selves !! </div></div>

Really it should be 1st or <span style="font-style: italic">last</span> doesn't matter. Everyone that does this, particularly those that haven't done it before, are really hanging it out there just to put themselves up against some of these guys. Just to finish such an event takes a lot of money and preparation on the front end, and a shooter that takes it very seriously. I don't think I'd want any of those guys shooting at me.

just weighed one stripped. PRS stock 20in barrel badger fte with rifle length gaurd and it weighed 11.5lbs

Dam that wasn't my rifle then !!! Thought you was going to say od green 22 rifle length hand gaurd threaded for suppressor lol

BattleAxe didn't accidentally find himself with the top scorers.
    He prepared well, and then delivered. I saw him shooting in the most shitty Florida Summer heat and humidity - during July, August and September.

Great job Dave. First, Third or Fifth place doesn't really matter.

Oh and if there was a smack talk trophy, you'd have walked away with it
    smile.gif