• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas Piston AR's (POF-USA vs LMT vs LWRC)

TrickPony29

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2005
CONUS
I've read up a lot on how the LMT's and LWRC's stack up against each other but does anyone have any experience with Patriot Ordnance Factory (http://www.pof-usa.com/)? If so how do these compare?

Thanks in advance, Drew

Re: Gas Piston AR's (POF-USA vs LMT vs LWRC)

I don't have experience with the LMT's and LWRC and had some issues at first with my POF. But POF stepped up to the plate and made it right. Works flawlessly now and shoots very well.

I have the LMT and only shot the POF. The only thing I don't like about the POF is the raised upper/Handguards. The thing I like about the LMT is that I can switch out barrels and it is very accurate.

i have an LWRC and it is very accurate and haven't ever had a problem... they are good to go...

I have a POF on order. So, the one thing I do know is they take a long time to get. Have you looked at the Robinson XCR? I have one sitting at my FFL until the 10 day waiting period is up. However, I did get to see when I did the paper work and it looks and feels awesome. Once I get the rifle and run it I can let you know how it is.

Jamie

i have had a POF P415 for several years. never had a malfunction or a problem, works ever time. i have not played with the lmt or lwrc.

Beck Jamie - I would be interested in knowing how you like it

I have a POF. Works great. Had a LWRC, sold it. When I shot both of them side by side I felt the LW had more felt recoil. Actually now that I think about it, I had 2 of the POF's. Sold the first one with the raised rail. Didn't care for that, then I got another one with the standard front round handguard. Much better feel to it.

We tried 1 POF out in the sand awhile back, its still going. No issues, guy likes his.
Most sided with the LWRC and have been completely satisfied, I am biased towards the LW. If me and mine have decided its good enought to bet the farm on it...what more endorsement do you need?

I'm putting my POF P-416 thru the ringers as we speak. When I first got it the bolt had some of the thickest oil/grease that I have ever seen. It was kinda cold outside when I first shot it. It didn't want to cycle because the viscosity was like 200 (I'm guessing because it looked way heavier than 90 weight gear oil.)I removed the grease and ran it dry. The cycling performed perfectly...Accuracy was very good with the 5R barrel and I am using an Eotech with their 4x magnifier. It seems to prefer certain types of ammo over others.( I tried some handloads from my brother-in-law and they wouldnt go in far enough for complete bolt lockup.) I am going to switch to some dry lube and see if I can improve it's feeding and check the load data and spec out the handloads. It also didn't care for reloaded ss-109 that I bought from knob creek. It eats factory Federal HP an Hornady TAP ammo perfectly. Jurry is still out but I have alot of hope on this baby....She looks and handles like a virgin on her wedding night....SmokeRolls

Can you get a bolt carrier for an AR-15 to add a piston system to it?

I hate cleaning the damn thing and after shooting rotortuners ar-10 I was impressed that it was spotless afterwards..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you get a bolt carrier for an AR-15 to add a piston system to it?

I hate cleaning the damn thing and after shooting rotortuners ar-10 I was impressed that it was spotless afterwards.. </div></div>

Most of the good Piston Systems have 1-piece carriers that illiminate the Carrier Key. Only PWS uses the regular Carrier woth a modified key that they use.

www.sgcusa.com ... LWRC M6A3 on sale, 1880...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrickPony29</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beck Jamie - I would be interested in knowing how you like it </div></div>

No problem.

I have a POF 16" M4 223 and have had zero problems. I have run many different factory loads including most of the russian stuff. It has been a great little rifle. I have not shot the LMT nor the LWRC.

+1 for the POF. I have had mine for over a year and I love it. It is extremely accurate, easy to clean, and will eat any ammo I feed it. They test fire the rifles with Wolf ammo at the factory to ensure reliability.

I have never shot an LWRC, but I have nothing but good things to say about POF. Compared to the old DI system I'd say it is no comparison.

I have a LMT MRP, shoots really nice, no issues, like jamming or any else ever. It does recoil a slight more than a non piston system, but its not enough to bother me or really notice. I would get a LMT upper and a Seekins, mega, or POF lower for it.